Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New to On-road, NTC3 help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Racing T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to On-road, NTC3 help

HI, I am new to on-road but not to rc, I have been involved in rc for 4 years now, I also not new to nitro, I have a traxxas t-maxx and a team losi LST, and also some electric minis, for xmas i will have a Nitro Tc3 plus, and I am planing to race but at a sport level at my LHS, it is a track that is set up in the parking lot every other weekend. So my question is what should i get to run at novice class, I don't want to spend a lot of money since I already race my LST at me local off-road track. So what tires should I get? stock are ok? should I up-grade the steering servo? if so, how many oz of torque should be good? I will be using my Futaba 3pm and a 5-cell receiver pack, thanks for the help.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:20 AM
imChiinOaChickeN

Default RE: New to On-road, NTC3 help

not sure much about racing but the stock tires wont last and dont provide a whole lot of grip. switch to some nice foams or some better rubbers. cehck with what other racers are using for tires.
the stock servo isnt that bad and would be okay for now. dont know the specs on it but i read somewhere that anything over 70oz. of torque is more than enough for onroad racing.

if you dont have the ntc3 and really plan on racing i might suggest you check out teh team magic g4s rtr. its awesome in its stock form and can be upgraded to the level of those running championship things. but if you plan to run where tehre are rocks the ntc3 is great.

later
Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Racing T

Default RE: New to On-road, NTC3 help

thanks, yeah I already ordered the NTC3 and I think it will be fine because I will not be racing at a competitive level, just now and then in the parking lot of my LHS.