Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Servo's twitching, anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:22 AM
lammi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo's twitching, anyone help?

Hey all. recieved my ct4-s in the mail today. and was i pleased. the first 15 mins was hell fun.

So i decided to take it to a more open area, which was a netball court where a few people go every sunday morning to race their cars. unfortunately as i was driving my mate came and stood next to me and i lost sight of the car...until i heard a PING. The bloody thing hit the netball pole.

End result. so far the damage i can see is a broken fuel tank, battery cartridge, broke a tooth off the second gear in the transmission, front bulkhead warped, bent upper deck, and a VERY badly bent chassis.

Would it be worth it to just get another one and use the broken one for parts, or would it be worth it getting my local hobby store to order in all the parts i need. i have a car engine that i might be selling next week for around 400 bucks, so money isnt a problem. but there is most likely alot of other bent stuff in there. and im very new to all this.

GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR SERVO PROBLEM
Old 12-22-2006, 07:04 AM
SpikeX

Default RE: ct4-s has big issues

I would just buy a new car and use the broken one for spare parts, or auction off the not broken parts so you can buy option parts for your new car. I know it's confusing! [&:]
Old 12-22-2006, 09:44 AM
bennyblanco

ill look for parts on ebay you can get lucky and buy all the parts you need for cheap!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM
bennyblanco

look what i found for this price ill just buy the car and leave the other one for spare parts!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cen-Racing-CT4-S...em300062075939
Old 12-25-2006, 05:41 PM
lammi

Thanks dude. Doesnt matter now. rung the local hobby shop and theyre gunna specially order in the parts for me as they dont stock cen parts. All i needed was a fuel tank and 2nd gear cog. Fixed the muffler myself with some super glue (plastic [:'(] ). BTW im in aus anyways and definitely would not want to pay postage to aus haha. The hobby shop is also going to straighten the upper deck and chassis for me. so all is good.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:55 AM
damon jato

aww wiked man but yer if u couldnt fix it id go with a new car and use the wreck for spares but good luck with the new car
Old 12-26-2006, 03:18 PM
lammi

Awww FECK yeah....call me the chassis straightening champion lol....car is all back together just waiting for the new fuel tank.

I think a new radio is in order tho...as the servos are just going SPAZ! ill sit it there and theyll just twitch, and when i pull the throttle the steering servo twitches, whats with that?

I've just added a small vid of the servos going spaz. its like theyre interfering with each other [:@]

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...t=PC261102.flv

Old 12-27-2006, 06:41 PM
lammi

Default RE: Servo's twitching, anyone help?

no-one can help? not trying to bug you guys but this is really annoying
Old 12-27-2006, 06:43 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suspect you damaged your Rx crystal in the crash. They're fragile, and the internals can be damaged quite easily without any obvious visible sign.

I'd start by replacing the crystal, then look for other sources of glitching (wiring, damaged rx etc).
Old 12-28-2006, 12:13 AM
lammi

Thanks mate ill give that a shot
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 PM
slidecontrol

that is the worst glitching I have ever seen, most nitro cars on standard radio are prone to it to a degree (like when you connect the glow igniter to the engine).
It would be well worth going over the car looking for loose parts as any metal on metal movement can generate radio noise and cause a glitch.

failing that, a dsm radio may be worth looking at ( and a failsafe)
I have a spektrum on my RRR and its been worth every cent.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:37 PM
lammi

Yeah, twas pretty bad. I just put in a set of 29 crystals and worked a treat. But some new futaba is DEFINITELY coming soon. the stock one just doesnt cut it. Gotta be ultra careful with it as one drop and it would be in a million pieces.

Now i've just gotta play the waiting game, till my tank and gear arrive. which is going to be more than a week as the whole CEN factory closes down this week and after that it will probably take them a day or two to send the parts away. then it will be about a week or more to get to the shop. GRRRRR!

But after all that everyone has said about these cars being crap and cheap...i reckon its excellent for the price, very fun to drive and easy to control. just gotta watch out for poles
Old 12-29-2006, 07:59 AM
xkwizt

ahhh the dreaded ping of death. my mate had a $2000 FG marder that went PING and that was gonski and my NTC3 with the crappy stock radio gear, i dont want to remember it but, the damn thing ran awaya nd hit a brick wall at full speed and belive me i was laughing more than i was worried, the engine ripped itself out of the chassis leaving 4 massive holes and it did 100 front flips WHILE still running then landed, grinded the flywheel on the ground and then turned off, i was like bahahaha wheres a camera when you need one, oh well, live and learn aye. think of it as buying a dog for 500 bucks and it died
Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Vankata

Yea I have no Idea how the crystals work i have one that look new and one that is bent and still works superb on my t-maxx.