RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

More questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:44 PM
cliffdabbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More questions...

Guys...

what kind of glowplugs should I be using....? Its the standard TS4N Pro Engine...I've bought a couple of "Firepower" plugs, F7 hot and F4 cold....which should it be? Where could I even find out!

I also notice, that the plug in the car has a metal thread, these look like plastic...is there a difference?

I'm going to go along to a club becuase going up and down the road and doing donuts just isn't enough...this machine deserves more.....does anyone reading this belong to the Colechester or southend club?

Are there any other clubs in the essex or london area? (I'm aware of one at crystal palace, but its a bit of a trek!)

I also need to get some new wheels...I've just about killed the ones I have....any advice on buying wheels....I'd like to stick with silver...

Cliff.

P.S. The spanners I got from maplins and the batteries I've got from Modelsport are working a treat...haven't recieved my failsafe yet...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Elite_Tux487

Default RE: More questions...

Plastic threaded glow plugs? I have never heard or seen of these.. What car do you have. If your just bashing any standard glow plug should work. I prefer os #8 myself.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=WHEELS
Old 01-09-2007, 01:14 PM
cliffdabbs

About these wheels...

Is it worth paying good money for good wheels?

I'm seeing 2 wheels for £30 or 2 wheels for £5...there must be a difference...

to be honest, the ones that came with the car have served ok for about an hours worth of usage...but the tyres are coming off and they don't look like alloys anymore! I'd pay good money if the wheels were going to last (or atleast look better) for longer.

Also When it says "Aluminium" does that mean I need an adaptor? like this http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=16349

If so....not qute sure I understnd why!

Thanks in advance!

Cliff.

P.S. had a crash today...snapped the rear turnbuckle...so now I need to get some of those...are they standard parts I can just get from the local shop or do I have to order the whole assembly part?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no sense really in spending lots of money on wheels - they're likely to get chipped and scratched up anyway in a matter of runs. You shouldn't need to spend more than £15 on a full set of wheels - just stick with the more notable brands as the really cheap ones are usually more prone to cracking. Never seen a pair of wheels for £30 though....

You don't usually need an adapter to run aluminium wheels unless the wheel hex size isn't standard. I suggest you stay away from aluminium wheels in general though- much more expensive, heavier and they'll bend in a crash.

As for the turnbuckle you might get lucky and find a model shop carries them in the correct size, or else you'll need to check the part number in the manual and search for it on modelsport - i think they'll have some in stock.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
cliffdabbs

Sounds like good advice to me....he de man!

Cliff.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:22 AM
bennyblanco

if you run 30% FUEL RUN A MEDIUM PLUG AND IF YOU RUN 20% RUN A HOT PLUG!!