Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Tires for 4 Tec 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for 4 Tec 3.3

I am looking for tires and rims for my Nitro 4 tec 3.3 besides the stock ones. I have tried a few different kinds but they don't last long at all, I had a set that didn't last a whole tank of gas on new ashpalt. I don't mind spending a little money for set up to build tires but I have never done it and need guidence on this. PLease le tm eknow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85213.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	626611  
Old 02-21-2007, 04:13 PM

Default RE: Tires for 4 Tec 3.3

A set of tires wearing out in less than it takes to run a tank of fuel is ridiculous. YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. let go of the full left turn for a while so your car has the chance to go somewhat straight and it might conserve your tires.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM

those tires I am talking about came off the rim. I can get a stock set to last about an hour and that is racing up and down not turning and skidding.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:30 PM

something is wrong then. also try adding some tire glue to where the tire meets the rim on the inside and out. even using stock tires i can usually get a whole day of donuts and racing up and down
Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 AM

stock ones last but i don't want to spend $40 a day to just run the care. Not to mention the hobby shop doesn't keep very many sets in stock and tower is back ordered. I really don't mind building the tires and rims but just need to know where to start and what kind. I did glue the after market tires, I have only had one blow out with the stock tires and thank good it didn't turn ugly,lol.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:33 PM

I cant recall very well.

I used to have the same problem when I had the RS4 Nitro with a Novarossi.

They where slicks for hot temp that comes pre-glued with white dish rims. It kind of looked ugly with the whiteys, but it stick like glue and lasted for a long time.

Usually the glue used on the pre-glue ones tend to be stronger, at least on my case.

Slicks pre glue I recommend.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:29 PM

What the heck guys why are you all not telling the guy to get a set of foams??????? Nitrosc if you want a set of tire that wont disapear in a heart beat. Get a pair of 40 or 45 degree foams. they come pre-glued on the rims and are pretty durable. I would personally go with Jaco nitro shoes as that is what i have grown with. If you don't want a foam tire and would rather a rubber then Hpi x- pattern Belted tires would be your next bet but you will have to buy rims and have to glue them to the rim.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM

haha yeah thats it . the foams will never come out of the wheel and they will last you longer if you get 40-45shores. I also use JACO nitro shoes when they were on sale for $15 a set. Just give them a try on ur 4tec 3.3 and im sure you wont regret it
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 PM

i run my stock tires, till the rubber started to tear and the foam started to show. same with the set i have now, there bald, and 1 tire is only showin some foam, im goin to keep runnin them, and thats bashin on them multiple times.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:21 AM

I will try the foams and see how it goes. I appreciate it guys.