Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Kyosho V-One RRR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:43 AM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho V-One RRR?

Hey guys, Just getting back into the game after a three year break (flying GS Planes). I was wandering about the Kyosho V-One RRR. I bought a junk T-maxx a few weeks ago. Originally just planning to rebuild and sell it. But After working on it it got e thinking about all my old monster trucks and how I'd always wanted on road. I looked at the RTR's, and while they'd get me up and running quick, I really want high quality top of the line too. I like building, so I was thinking about the Kyosho V-One RRR. It would take me a couple months probably to get it to RTR status, but would it be worht it in the end? What kind of set-up should I run? Pro's - Con's? Anything else I should consider over the RRR?

Thanks guys
Old 02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: Kyosho V-One RRR?

Get RRR ONLY if you decide to race on track. Forget bashing with a car like that. It would be like if you took ferrari F1 to a Paris-Dakar rally!!! Simply no other car except some modified serpents can compete this one on track. I had one but i recently sold it to a very good friend of mine because there's no time for me anymore to race at official events (if i decide to race again it will definately be 1/8 on road). It will take 2 days to built the kit but many many months to find your proper adjustment and setting. This car combined with a sirio .12 competition type engine has only pro's except its only con: It is a pitty to waste such a machine in a parking lot [&:].
Old 02-23-2007, 10:01 PM
slideyourride90

i would also consider a mugen mtx-4 those cars are really durable, trust me i've put my 10 y/o brother behind the wheel of that thing and its' still runnig strong but the rrr is a decent car and plus it's a kyosho
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Saboteur10573

The RRR is an awesome car and not fragile. Both it and the Mugen aren't ment to be bashed around a parking lot no matter which is stronger - they were designed to be raced. If you want to bash around look at :

HPI .18SS RTR*
AE NTC3 Plus RTR*
Duratrax SFGP 2
Cen
Old 02-24-2007, 03:09 PM
slideyourride90

i race my mugen on the track but once in awhile theres trash talkin basher who wants t race on a parkin lot, it works but i'm ver y carefull where i drive it. but you'll get ur moneys worth if you keep it on the track
Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
ICE_MAN

It will be raced, occasionally. Most of it's run time will be on a setup (read cones)
course that spans across the 6 tennis courts up the street from me. So is that well groomed enough to consider a race course? I don't see what would be rough on the car on tennis courts.

I have pretty much narrowed it down to, The V-One RRR, The older V-One RR, The HPI R40, Or the NTC3 Factory team.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Spartan18

i have a factory team tc3 and its great so far. i think you would be happy with it. its good for bashing and has potential for the race track.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Saboteur10573

I'd knock off the VoneRR as it's older. The VoneRRR you'd be still better off running that on a real track. For a tennis court the R40 will be fine, but I'd suggest you go with the HARA version as it has all the upgrades on it. Still it costs as much as the Kyosho, so best bet is to go with the NTC3 FT kit. It's cheaper than all the others, comes upgraded as well, and is a good all around kit.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 AM
ICE_MAN

Ok so scratch off the older RR version. I just saw some reviews for the Serpent 705, whats the deal with it? I'm still leaning toward the RRR but I guess I may as well explore my options