RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Street Car Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Pimpnitaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Car Recommendation

Hello There,
I've got a question that I'm sure all of you have heard over and over again - so I apologize well in advance. I'm brand new to this stuff, however, I have been doing some research looking at different cars, forums, etc. None the less, my little brother just recently bought a HPI RS4 RTR 3 Evo+ and I have to admit - that thing is awesome and it gets up an hauls and it's just stock. I didn't realize those things pack so much power. Anyways, my little brother really looks up to me and he really wants me to get a car so we can race - so to kind of surprise him I want to get a car with just a little more ooooomph than his. We don't plan on going to any tracks or anything like that, just plan to run them on the flat smooth neighborhood road. I've been looking at 2 different kinds of cars and I was hoping you guys could give me some insight and maybe a couple ad on parts that will improve performance. The first type of car - is the same thing he has HPI RS4 RTR 3 Evo+. I would obviously change the body cover and since it's a RTR car - I was wondering what kinds of parts (if any)can I buy that will improve performance even the slightest bit? If this is the car of choice, I would want to add the upgrades on without him knowing (being sneeky) and then bring everything over to surprise him. Make him scratch his head as to why my car is a lil bit faster.
The second type of car is the Team Magic G4S RTR car. I understand this one costs around $425, but since I plan on keeping one of these cars (so does he) for a long time - I feel I might as well shell out the money for a decent car. Again, if you guys know of upgrades for that car - please let me know. Since I'm a newbie, I'm assuming nobody will recommend me putting a kit together, but if it makes that big of a difference - I'm down for the challenge.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Street Car Recommendation

get the 18ss kit, it comes with a few upgrades to it, and if you know how to tune right (you'll have to read my master guide) then you'll be able to beat him hands down, small things that make a different are gearing, clutch, and most of all, TUNING
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 PM
MiamizFinest

Have you looked at the kyosho inferno gt???? it comes stock with a 28 motor and will easly outrun any of the cars mentioned above.........the car is 1/8 scale and its based on the world champiship buggy MP777 the thing is so durable ull need break the dam thing best parking lot car on the market right now and its 400 RTR street price (u could find better deals tho)
Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
MiamizFinest

The inferno GT comes with EVERYTHING include ignator and fuel bottel plus a computerized radio and the WOW factor of how big it really!!! the body looks like it will fit a 1/5 scale car here is a link ive owned the RS4 18SS and a NTC3 and trust me the kyosho inferno gt has to be the BEST PARKING LOT BASHER ON THE MARKET

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsand...ars/31814B.asp
Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 AM
sputnikxxx

If I was you I would go with the rs4 18 ss+ kit.... It comes with everything you need, but radio and electronics,.... I comes with a majority of hopups already installed, and one heck of a powerful engine...... I just got me one off ebay for around 300.00 Its a 1/10 scale....
Old 05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Pimpnitaz

Alright guys, so based on the replies so far - the top two choices are the HPI RS4 18 ss+ kit car or the Kyosho Inferno GT Subaru Impreza WRC with GXR28 (I like the Imprezza version MiamizFinest). So with either one of these cars, which is the better car to install extra parts to? And since I'm a newbie, will the parts be easy to install? I'm assuming they come with instructions, but maybe I'm wrong. Again, I plan on racing on the street against my lil brother so I for sure - want to surprise him with a kick butt car.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO go for the Kyosho.. Pebbles can be very annoying for onroaders - so yeah, the bigger the onroader, the less affected by pebbles... Plus, I mean, it's got a .28 in it...
Old 05-16-2007, 02:17 PM
sputnikxxx

Yah but I have a 1/8 PRP Racing XR8 you can get for under 400 bucks, its fast but the foam tires tear through the wheels like crazy, and is belt drivin so it tends to wear out the belts when bashing. If you go with the HPI RS4 it is Shaft Drivin as opposed to belts... As far as rocks go they are more likely to destroy belts than shafts....

In my opinion get what is appealing to you, Just remember if you get a 1/8 scale car that is bigger than the 1/10 first thing your gonna hear is you beat me cause your car is bigger....
Old 05-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Inferno is shaft driven too, don't forget it's based on an aging buggy chassis, so it's more than bulletproof, easy to work on, 3 shoe clutch... The best on-road basher flat out, no quibbles, is easily the Kyosho Inferno GT. On the track forget it, but on car parks and streets, that big block power and the size of the thing will give you a smile that will rip your face apart.

I wish I had one. 6 RCs is enough though. [&o] Maybe one day...

EDIT: GET THE DBR9 BODY! Frikkin AWESOME body.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
HerrSavage

Wow... That IS nice....
Old 05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Inferno is shaft driven too, don't forget it's based on an aging buggy chassis, so it's more than bulletproof, easy to work on, 3 shoe clutch... The best on-road basher flat out, no quibbles, is easily the Kyosho Inferno GT. On the track forget it, but on car parks and streets, that big block power and the size of the thing will give you a smile that will rip your face apart.

I wish I had one. 6 RCs is enough though. [&o] Maybe one day...

EDIT: GET THE DBR9 BODY! Frikkin AWESOME body.

Make you in ur inverntory for the inferno GT trust me ull never go go back...........i actually picked up a kyosho MP7.5 the other day for real cheap im actually in the prosses of converting it into a inferno GT (all i need is the shocks and shock towers) i love that car so much i wanted a second one........ive had mine for about 6 months and ive broke 70 MPH with it and i swear since ive gotten it IVE NEVER BROKEN A SINGLE PART ON THE CAR
Old 05-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Foxy

I'll see what Santa can do this year... I definitely fancy one.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
sputnikxxx

This is EVEN BETTER.... Ok I started this argument out with the RS4, but now im likeing the kyosho also...
I didnt change my mind, I still like the rs4. HPI and Kyosho have been around for a while and don't seem to be going anywhere I would say that you would be good either way you go.. if you can wait it out till june you can get this one
Old 05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
HerrSavage

Wow! I've never seen those. I only ever saw the BMX and Subaru.. I'd still take the Aston though - that thing is just beautiful...(my favorite real-life car anyway...)
Old 05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Foxy

@ Sputnick (cool nick by the way) I disagree, ferraris are common as muck. Can't beat a British GT car. Also, that's the ONLY example of a DBR9 on an RC car in existence.

EDIT: Patrick, you like these do you? Probab;y seen this wallpaper then? If not, I can easily email it to you.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58800.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	685704  
Old 05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
HerrSavage

Jeeze.. Just found it on e-bay here.. 450 Teuros.......

What's the top-speed on that thing stock??
Old 05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Pimpnitaz

If I was to get the Kyosho Inferno GT Subaru Impreza WRC with GXR28 - two things: (A) that thing is RTR and NOT a kit right? (B) since it is an RTR, can you still add upgrades to it and if so - can an newbie like myself put them on?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Foxy

yes, and yes.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Pimpnitaz

Do you have a favorite website in which you can puchase the Inferno parts?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 PM
HerrSavage

If I knew somebody down the street to buy it and didn't have to deal with shipping, e-bay, etc.., I just might sell my LST2 for that thing.....
Old 05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
HerrSavage

OK, not my LST2, but I've decided to try to sell my Lightning GT and Kyosho FW-05T to try to get one of these things... We'll see...
Old 05-16-2007, 06:56 PM
sputnikxxx

Only way I would get one is if it could come in kit form.... I like the fact that its shaft drivin... and that it comes with a 3 speed transmission... How are the stock servo's that come on this ?..... only way I would buy a rtr would be if I could do a swap out of the receiver and put a spektrum in it... sell off the transmitter and receiver
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
HerrSavage

Are there any additional costs with this car?? I guess parts are hard to come by - and that it goes through tires like mad??

How is that .28 Kyosho engine??
Old 05-16-2007, 07:05 PM
sputnikxxx

It looks like it takes standard touring tires if im correct
Old 05-16-2007, 07:14 PM
HerrSavage

Here in Germany everybody always seems to say that for onroaders you need "Moosgummi" tires.. I just found out that "Moosgummi" means foam rubber... Is that true?? The stock tires on my FW-05T were worthless....., and the foam rubber ones have been really, really good...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.