RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help Tuning!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
seno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Tuning!!

Hey guys,

I had bought a RS4 RTR3 5 years ago and im just starting to get back into the hobby again. The only problem is, im having a real hard time tuning the engine now.

I set the TR. TRIM on the remote all the way down, I have the carb opened about a credit card size in width. When I push on the brake, it will close alittle more but it will still allow air in.

The problem im running into is that when I start up the car, it will run but then it starts to move at full throttle until I lower the TR. TRIM to the negative side. But when I do this, the response time or the car is very slow and it will not move. I have tried to set the High Speed Needle to lean it out or richen it and leaving the TR. TRIM to 0 and the same symptoms occur. I also have tried to set the idle speed thinking that it has too high rpm but when I loosen the idle needle, nothing happens to the engine either. It just keeps on running (moving without throttle).

Also, I have my servo set at an angle towards the back of the car and not directly perpendicular to the car chassis. The reason why is if it's directly perpendicular, the carb seems it will not close to a credit card size width. It is kept opened.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
drive.hard-go.pro

Default RE: Help Tuning!!

maybe its time for a new engine (MAYBE)
Old 08-31-2007, 03:13 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

put the throttle trim on radio in the middle maybe take the horn off the servo too then try adjusting the linkage then the idle needle then see what happens..
Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm