Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

MTX4R AND NT1 HMMMMM>>?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 AM
nav2cute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTX4R AND NT1 HMMMMM>>?

Ok guys please help me out on this one!! .... Girl Freind buying a car for me 1/10 price not an issue....its now between the MTX4R OR THE NT1 .... consider this guys....im buying the car NOW and would be starting to use a little but mainly for next season! ..... so i want to go with the LATEST model and I DONT WANT TO GO WITH A COMPANY THAT IS GONNA release a new model by next season!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....

im leaning towards the Mugen just because they play out there models for like 4-5 years plus befor changing and Xray even though cery sexy cars always releasing new ****....so what you guys think...once again which company is not going to release a new model....

at the same time i think that mugen may release something new beause first came the MTX4 AND then revised R and the only think left is a new modell.....while xray just release the NT1 and if anything will release a couple of revised versions!

what to do!!!!!!!!!!!! which one!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 AM
nav2cute

Default RE: MTX4R AND NT1 HMMMMM>>?

OH YA and when was the MTX4R Available to public..when was it release?? .... before NT1 or after or around same time?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
ferrarimk13

well the NT1 is basically all new, so its not gonna be changed for atleast 1 or 2 seasons, the mugen is already used and such, but with 4 already, 5 could come out anytime they want,(pprobably not but..) So id go with the NT1 its such a great car from what i hear, and it wont be outdated anytime soon, so..
Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
almtx3

Both are great cars. I have an MTX3 but my good bud jatohulk has the NT1 and its a sweet ride. As far as any of these manufacturers releasing a new model anytime soon, thats a tough one. It seems like everytime you buy the latest model, BOOM, they release a new one or an upgraded version[:@]. It can be frustrating, but they are just trying to stay competitive and keep us happy with the latest goodies. I would say, go with the one you like best. Both cars are great and accept the fact that a new one will come along sooner or later.

whispering...my vote goes for the mugen...thats just a personal opinion, sorry I just had to throw this in
Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Jatohulk

I say go with the Xray NT1 first everyone has a mugen.. Second the word Xray NT1 sound cooler when you tell ppl what car you have. Ppl will think you bad ***** car. I have a friends that has the Mugen and he thinks he will be my NT1 but thats not going to happen. Please do not tell my friend I said these stuff about his mugen he is very touchy about his stuff.. Thats my 2cents
Old 08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
almtx3

ORIGINAL: Jatohulk
I have a friends that has the Mugen and he thinks he will beat my NT1 but thats not going to happen. Please do not tell my friend I said these stuff about his mugen he is very touchy about his stuff.. Thats my 2cents
Hmmm, I wonder what friend you are talking about....you just better not start crying [sm=cry_smile.gif]when my MTX flies by your NT1. Wait a minute, let me be careful here cause that .12 ninja might slice by me and Ill have to eat my words...sorry jato. You know I love that XRAY...

Nav, you got one vote for the mugen with me and its obvious jato's siding with the NT1.

Good luck with your final decision and let us know what you finally go with..
Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
serpentboi

I say go with the Xray. I visited my LHS about 2 hours ago today and ordered it :-)
It's more of a unique car as everyone seems to run Mugens, Kyosho's and Serpents. I can't wait to get down my local track and show it off :-)
I've heard some good stuff about the nt1. Probably why i changed from getting the Serpent 720 to the xray.

Anyways gl

*whisper* Get the Xray =p
Old 08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
ferrarimk13

3 to 1, lol, go with the NT1
Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 AM
almtx3

Ive been outnumbered lol...

In all seriousness, the NT1 is a great car. Jato built his and I gave him a hand setting it up and that car has every tuning option under the sun. The car handles beautifully and the cars geometry is just amazing. I am a Mugen fan, but I know when to give credit when credit is due.

ORIGINAL: serpentboi
It's more of a unique car as everyone seems to run Mugens, Kyosho's and Serpents. I can't wait to get down my local track and show it off :-)
*whisper* Get the Xray =p
Same thing here, all you see at the track we run at are Serpents and Mugens. You should have seen the look on some of the guys when Jato pulled out the XRAY. There were alot of OOOhs and Ahhhs! I also heard Xray placed very well in the last RC Pro series held at the Miami Homestead Motor speedway. (Thats actually where we race at). Xray took the 1st 2nd and 3rd place win! Pretty impressive for a newly released car. Foxy wrote up a great review on the car and its a must read if you are considering this car.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=876

* I still say go mugen! lol*
Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 AM
RCUSEE

jap, the nt1 is a wonderfull car just check out the xray page... it already won a lot of races

but no car is good without a nice setup.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 AM
ferrarimk13

very true, if your set up sucks, everything does
Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think both cars are great and either one can take you to the winners stand...........i personally like mugen and race mugen but offroad........when i choose what truggy to run it either came down to the kyosho ST-R or the MUGEN MBX5T PORSPEC......personally i liked the kyosho st-r better but i hated kyosho customer service and parts avaiblty, and since the mugen was a ROAR world champiship car too.........i figured id buy it.......plus mugen parts are very easy to get they have 2 us distibutors while kyosho only had one so if they didnt have something u needed in stock UR WHERE STUCK LIKE CHUCK........

about XRAY i can honestly say i have no insite on the company ive ever bought anything from them and i have no idea how there customer support is or part avaiablty........if some one here can say YES XRAY IS A GREAT COMPANY easy to find parts and support ect............(im sure they do since there a upcomeing company but its great to hear someone's personal experance with them since i dont have any) then it will bascially come down to is what car LOOKS NICER in your opinion (i love the look of the mugen its so narrow and slimline)............also ask you LHS what is easier for them to get parts for...............dont worry tho w/e you choose ull have a awsome car!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 AM
ProRCRacer88

One car is not better than the other in this case... so flip a coin. Heads mugen, tails xray
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
serpentboi

I flipped a coin 6 thousand times and everytime it was tails Maybe it means buy the xray =p
Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 PM
ProRCRacer88

or maybe you have a deflicted coin that has tails on both sides.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Raycer X

IMO, the Xray NT1 is a combination of the MTX4 and the Serpent 720. You can't lose with that combination! The drive train is smooth and solid. Assembling it will be a breeze and quality is second to none. I have the MTX3 Prospec but I am dying to find a reason to get an NT1.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Xray every time...But I would say that, I own 5 of their cars and my NT1 is my pride and joy. I've been racing on the asphalt for many years and there's no car that can touch the NT1 right now. Mugen owners keep coming up to me and asking if I have any tips to make their cars handle like mine. Once I entertained them, and got the setup kit out to help someone out. The mugen just doesn't respond as well to adjustment. The NT1 is a sword, whereas the Mugen is more like a baseball bat. Both will kill you with one hit, but one is simply more refined, more artful. Check out the RCU review of the NT1, it has lots of close up shots of the carbon fiber etc, it really is one beautiful model.

MiamizFinest, Xrays support is fantastic, and I believe they are one of only a very few RC companies who make EVERYTHING (even wheels) in house, no third party involvement. Spares can be tough to track down if you don't live next to an Xray dealer, but there are many online retailers stocking xray parts. As for support, I have personally spoken with a number of team drivers on various issues in the xray forums, sometimes you have to wait a bit for a response, but it's a great forum. Miamiz, you bought one yet (any Xray, not necessarily the NT1)?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:50 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Xray every time...But I would say that, I own 5 of their cars and my NT1 is my pride and joy. I've been racing on the asphalt for many years and there's no car that can touch the NT1 right now. Mugen owners keep coming up to me and asking if I have any tips to make their cars handle like mine. Once I entertained them, and got the setup kit out to help someone out. The mugen just doesn't respond as well to adjustment. The NT1 is a sword, whereas the Mugen is more like a baseball bat. Both will kill you with one hit, but one is simply more refined, more artful. Check out the RCU review of the NT1, it has lots of close up shots of the carbon fiber etc, it really is one beautiful model.

MiamizFinest, Xrays support is fantastic, and I believe they are one of only a very few RC companies who make EVERYTHING (even wheels) in house, no third party involvement. Spares can be tough to track down if you don't live next to an Xray dealer, but there are many online retailers stocking xray parts. As for support, I have personally spoken with a number of team drivers on various issues in the xray forums, sometimes you have to wait a bit for a response, but it's a great forum. Miamiz, you bought one yet (any Xray, not necessarily the NT1)?

there you go an honest answer!!!!!

no ive yet to buy anything Xray i was planning on geting the new truggy tho it came out about 2 months after i got my mugen MBX5T......but after talking to a few people i know that have owned both and from what i read........both truggys handleing ,and performance are exactly the same..............most cant tell the diffrence between either one.....so with that in mind i sayed screw it and kept the mugen (i personally didnt get to drive one)......at the moment there is nothing else they make that sparks my interest since i dont race onroad, i didnt like the whole buggy scene, and the truggy "suppostly" drives exactly like mine........so for now i dont see me geting anything Xray the only thing that i can see myself geting maybe one day is a M18 but thats only if i stumble onto some extra cash......

the only thing i would flip over backwards for is if Xray came out with some type of monster truck (i dout it since they make pro type class cars) since all there desines have bein so outrages and well made im sure IF they ever came out with a true monster truck it would KILL every revo,lst,or savage in the MT class...............thats the only thing id pounce on in a heart beat!!!!