RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

rsv4 3 evo/ 18ss kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
bags4266

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rsv4 3 evo/ 18ss kit

Hello all,
This is my first post here however I am a savage fan so I spend most of my time on their forum.
Its time for a little speed in my stable and am considering the rs4 3.
Question, what is the difference between the evo and the 18ss kit other
than engine, painted body, servos, roto start, receiver?
Is there other differences in suspension parts or drive trains, wheels etc.
I can't seem to find my answers after searching for hours.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
almtx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rsv4 3 evo/ 18ss kit

Welcome to the on-road forum!

Not much of a difference other than the obvious. 18ss is a kit version which requires you to build it. The 18ss does not come with any electronics so thats up to you. As far as suspension, parts and drive train, they are pretty much the same between both cars. One thing about the 18ss is that it comes with adjustable turnbuckles. If you get the evo you can just buy the turnbuckle set for 13 bucks and there you go! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCYS9&P=7

I would say that the biggest difference would be in the engine, which you already know.

The RS43 evo comes with the t-15 engine. Very reliable engine but not much power
The RS43 evo+ comes with the T3.0 engine. A bit faster than the t-15

The 18ss comes with the outlaw 18ss engine. Lots of power for a first time on-roader but lots of fun. Very easy to tune as well.
The 18ss + comes with the same engine (18ss) its just got an aluminum pipe instead of the plastic composite one

If this is going to be your first nitro on-road car and you are going to do some parking lot bashing then the evo or the evo+ is the way to go. The 18ss is for someone that wants to set the car up to their liking from the beginning. You can get the evo and always upgrade later on down the road. Overall the evo is a great first choice. Its fairly inexpensive, its got lots of hop up parts and its tons of fun. If you get bit by the speed bug you can always replace the engine. There are a ton of options out there but one step at a time

Good luck and if you need any help just drop a line!