RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Purchasing Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
umbepo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing Suggestion

Hello,
A friend and I are extremely interested in purchasing our first RC cars. We are pretty sure we're going to buy a car, and we would like to get some suggestions for a beginners KIT. We live in Monterrey, Mexico and there is only one store we have found and we'll go check it out to see what they can provide.

Any suggestions for an on-road car between the 100-200 dollar range, preferably available online? We really want a kit, and I have been searching for a few days but nothing has been reasonable. We have found cheap RTR's, but a kit of the same price will have better equipment, right? We also want to build it ourselves in order to get to know all the parts..

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:39 PM
serpentboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Purchasing Suggestion

Most of the cheap kits come RTR i think. Maybe if you saved your money a bit longer and straight away bought a good rolling chassis it will benefit you. It's always good to start with the best so when you progress and want more speed, better handling and more of a competitive car you won't need to go and buy another. You could buy something like an xray nt1 and find a reasonably priced engine somewhere, then all you'de need is the electrics. But if you don't want to start like that there's some good hpi's for beginners i believe.

Good luck
Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Purchasing Suggestion

The NT1 is the best of the best, it's not for parking lots and it's not for inexperienced builders/drivers, it's a purebred track weapon. For a first car, you should consider an RTR. If you want the building experience, then strip it down and rebuild it yourself, this is always a good idea, you will learn much about how the car is engineered and be better equipped to fix it if/when it breaks. 200 bucks is not enough. Too often I see people buy an ACME car or something like that, really cheap and have nothing but problems, better to save a bit more money and get something like an HPI RS4 3 Evo.