Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Want an Extremely Fast Car or Truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Want an Extremely Fast Car or Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want an Extremely Fast Car or Truck

Can anyone tell me whats the Fastest RTR or post me a link to what I should buy. I am looking for Pure Speed and I have about a Grand to Accomplish this Feet. Ive been Electric Drifting for awhile and I do own a Losi XXX-S with the Novak 3.5 Motor and Im ready to get into Nitro's

Im looking for Cars only Im not a big fan of Trucks.

i was lookin at the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR w/Engine or the Ofna 1/7 Hyper One Seven .21PS Blue but they dont tell me top speeds at towerhobby
Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: want a wicked fast car. help

Go to the Schumacher Support forum...the guy there runs the "Superstore"...and look at the Fusion .21

I've had one for 4 years now...and it's been quite reliable, and very quick/fast [8D]

You need a LOT of room to really run it though, and the area needs to be bump free, and no stones, pebbles, twigs, etc. etc. or you'll get airborne.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:55 PM
GYNAIKAS

You need the faster RTR in straight line or on track? In straight line the schumacher mentioned above or the traxas 4tec 3.3 are the best rtr's. When on track NTC3, EVO+ and FW-05T are the fastest out there.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 PM
ferrarimk13

yep, basically, but id rather go with a schumacher or a Cen because they say they can do 80, which sounds good to me.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Ferrari, dont believe eveything you read on here. I keep hearing this thing about the Schumacher doing 80 but Ive yet to see a magazine say that. For whatever reason, they keep pulling towards the 4tec. You should also take into consideration which car your LHS can provide parts for. Which ever one is easiest to get parts for is the one you should get. You dont want a fast car that when you need parts for will be down for a month. Besides all that, you did say you had a grand to spend. I would talk to the people at the LHS and see what they can do for me. Maybe they can build you a nice 1/10 scale mugen or serpent or something within those lines thats just as fast but with better handling and control.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 AM
GYNAIKAS

"Got_to_100_now_die_hatin" is absolutely right. I also think that if you modify any 1/10 racer (NT1,serpents, RRRs, mugens etc.) the result will be for sure better. Or get the FW-RR that is the toughest shaft driven chasis out there and mount an RB or sirio .21 on it...do the proper gearing and you'll beat even dragster cars at straight line!!! But as for controling it..."may the force be with you"...LOL
Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
ferrarimk13

hey, im not that oblivious guys! lol, i here ya, i never heard anything good or bad for that matter about the cen and schumacher, but if u really want to achieve that speed, you need to do some work like miamizfinest and got to 100 now die hatin'.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
GT100

Ferrari, im not taking anything away from what you said, I just feel like for 1000 bucks, you can get something way better than an RTR can ever be. As most know, Im an HPI Racer2 junkie. I built one with nice gearing (2 speed of course) and a Top RER3 12. I built the car for about a total of 600 complete and it would beat any RTR out there. This was a few years ago ofcouse but I just feel like he can get a nice 1/10 scale with super nice 12 or even something like an 18TZ which would cost less for a total price of maybe about 800 with radio, starting equipment and all.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:26 PM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

Ferrari, dont believe eveything you read on here. I keep hearing this thing about the Schumacher doing 80 but Ive yet to see a magazine say that.
.......................................I am not sure if a Fusion will do 80mph with a stock Thundertiger .21 engine but a fusion with the topend clutchbell and a racing NovaRossi was clocked by RC Nitro at 88mph!!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
GT100

Right, I have a list of cars that with a Rossi and nice gearing will do 88. But I still feel that for 1000, he can build a nice car that will be more controllable than a Fusion.

Also, a Fusion, Rossi motor, pipe and nice radio equipment will take him over that 1000.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
proptop

I think between 70 and 75 is more realistic for a completely stock Fusion...
Mine will handle adequately, considering, but the hardest part is keeping it straight as you get into the throttle

I got mine for $450.00 and the only additional expenses have been lots of tires, and fuel. (well...that and a NiCd battery pack )

The one complaint I might have about it is the cheap radio that it comes with...range is lacking for a car capable of such speeds. I have a taller antenna tube on it and that helped...but I prob. should put a better radio in it. (too many other projects to spend $ though... )
Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
GYNAIKAS

I think that 50-60mph that most high quality RTRs offer is more than you need for a start...then the sky is the limit.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
proptop

Agreed...50-60 is more than fast enough for someone with little or no r/c experience.

I fix cars and trucks for our LHS, and have gotten quite a few 4-Tecs in for repairs after newbies crash 'em because "it's a lot faster than I thought" or "it's not as easy as I thought it was gonna be"...

A lot of times, they are driven in the street, and as far as I'm concerned, that's just asking for trouble.
It might be o.k. for some of the slower stuff, like MT's or ST's, but when you get a touring car with 1/4" of ground clearance traveling 50+ on the street that has stones, dirt, twigs, etc. etc. on it...[X(][:@] and then you have more $$$ spent on replacment parts. (it keeps me busy though...)
Old 09-13-2007, 07:20 PM
GYNAIKAS

LOL...business first!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
GT100

I help out at my LHS sometimes as well and I get that all the time. The best selling fast cars are the 4tec and the Jato and they always seem to come back. The owner refuses to carry Schumacher. LOL. When people come in asking for the fastest car, we usually as for their experience but then you have those that know everything and but have never had an RC and we just sell it to them. Needless to say they always come back.

Kinda like G said, bussiness first
Old 09-14-2007, 11:55 AM
nitrohead5300

4P4LCPON3 to make the car the fastest would require you to modify it. The Fusion, HPI, GT4, R-40 can become wick fast cars when you modify them. I put a OS .18 TZ in my old R-40 and it really spiced it up!! It really moves out!! And Go to 100 is the master of getting the most speed out of a car.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
ferrarimk13

yeah, i agree, a good engine like the TZ will outperform larger, crappier .21s that are included
Old 09-18-2007, 11:09 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i have talked to my local hobby shop and asked them if they can get mugens or team magic's or anything liek taht and they said yes but they wont carry those parts in store. they basicly told me that Traxxas, HPI, team associated and so fourth are easier for them to get and they always have a ready stock if something breaks.

i was thinking about maybe something along the lines of HPI evo + or something that has a no limit upgrade capability. I run rightn ow a losi xxx-s with the novak 3.5 brushless and i can handle it at top speeds and i wont concider anything slow. what car out there will allow me to upgrade them otor to achieve speeds greater then the 4-te. speed is everything to me and money is really not an issue.

is the 4-tec even worth it. can you upgrade the motor on it to go faster?? i will even concider a fast truck. please help... Links would also be helpful to these cars that you recommend
Old 09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Default RE: Want an Extremely Fast Car or Truck

another thing is it doesnt even have to be New I will buy from the classifieds if someone can find me something im interested in.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:25 AM
proptop

Out of the three that you have listed above...the HPi, Associated, and Traxxas, I would go with either the Associated or HPi...they will handle much better than the 4-Tec...and there are parts available to install a "Big Block" in either of them.

I have a couple of NTC3's and an RS4/3 SS and they handle pretty good...so either one of those should be o.k. and if you put something like an .18TZ in it, you won't have to change the motor mounts and it won't throw the left to right balance off too much either...a "big inch small block" is the best over-all package IMO.

If you're not much interested in handling, then anything goes in the power dept. and you could theoretically put a full race "on-road" .21 or a high perf. "truggy" .28 or even a .30 or .32 in one...but be prepared to break stuff...(driveline components, etc. )
Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
GT100

I'd go with either one of those 3. Ive seen 18TZs in all 3 and by far the 4tec is the fastest but not the best handling. The TC3 would take the award for handling. I built a 3.3 4tec with a modified TZ and some nice gearing with a vantage pipe and it was doing 78. I know its not quite 80 but it got there a whole lot quicker than a lot of cars Ive seen. The TC3 with the 18 was good for 71 but we couldnt quite get a good pipe for the 18. Here's a little secret I can share. A lot of people that are running 18s are runnin pipes that are made for 12-15s. Vantage has one designed for 18-21s that really opens these 18s up. I have a TeamMagic with an 18tz and theres a big difference between the pipe I was using and the Vantage one. And that leads me back to what I was saying. Since Vantage doesnt make a pipe for the TC3, I dont think we got to see the full potential of the 18, but if they did, I bet it would run with the 4tec and handle better.

Another thing to remember, the 2.5 and the 3.3 4tecs have different gear ratios. So if you choose to go with the 4tec, dont think that you can put the same engine in both and they'll both be just as fast. The drive pulleys on the 3.3 are larger.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
ferrarimk13

u have a team magic with 18tz and vantage pipe!? i want a g4s soo bad, and i would just put the pipe and engine in it.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
GT100

yeah, its nice. The problem I have is getting parts thur the hobby shop where I work, so I plan on either trading it or selling it and keeping the motor and pipe. Besides that, its a lovely car and I honeslty love it.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
ferrarimk13

how much? lol. I saw it on rcmushroom.com or some weird store at $300 so i was so happy, lol. Do exhaust pipes work the same upside down?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 PM
GT100

Honestly, cheap. If interested, send me a PM. The only thing is that its an original Team Magic. I think it was called the Mongoose. It'll be a roller but with servos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.