Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Would like any help possible

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
x2o

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like any help possible

I hjave an old HPI Nitro RS4 3 RTR (from like, 2002ish maybe?)

It's been working good and all, but recently my radio started going mad. As soon as I turn on the engine, the throttle goes insane and just goes WOT and glitches like crazy. It doesn't happen while just the RX and TX are on though, only once I power up the engine. I've taken out the RX, cleaned it, made sure everything was plugged, but can't find the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

This started happening about a month or 2 back, and I got fed up and decided to switch to electric. I'd still like to be able to run my nitro though. Thanks again!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
rchabits

Default RE: Would like any help possible

First off, you made the wrong move by going electric[:-],second,electrics can have the same problem.third,check your radio wires to make sure they are not frayed as nitro will cause vibrations,mkae sure the wires are not laying on metal and that your receiver is not laying on metal,next xhexk your crystals and make sure they work and finally check your batteries to make sure they are charged right.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 PM
x2o

I know it can happen with electric too, but electric is just easier in the long run and I don't have the time to keep maintaining nitro and tuning and stuff, and electric is cheaper

All the wires are fine, no frays, not touching metal, and the RX is in a good place. I guess the only thing to check is the xtals, I'll check on that tomorrow, thanks a lot!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:20 PM
dark_lightning108

ive heard something about metal to metal interference or sumtin along those lines..maybe one of the other guys cud tell u about it but that may be ur problem..
Old 09-15-2007, 08:33 AM
ferrarimk13

is your crystal completely in right?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:38 AM
x2o

It seems I've eleminated any other problems but the xtals, I'm gonna pick up a new set on my way home and see if that solves it. Thanks, I'll update once I've tried it
Old 09-15-2007, 02:50 PM
ferrarimk13

sounds good, otherwise, just get a new reciever and use another one of your radios.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
gasdriverca

ORIGINAL: x2o

I hjave an old HPI Nitro RS4 3 RTR (from like, 2002ish maybe?)

It's been working good and all, but recently my radio started going mad. As soon as I turn on the engine, the throttle goes insane and just goes WOT and glitches like crazy. It doesn't happen while just the RX and TX are on though, only once I power up the engine. I've taken out the RX, cleaned it, made sure everything was plugged, but can't find the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

This started happening about a month or 2 back, and I got fed up and decided to switch to electric. I'd still like to be able to run my nitro though. Thanks again!
This could also be a problem from cctv cameras if you are bashing in a car park near stores etc.my servos were glitching like that so I just changed bashing location.or you can get a possible interference from cordless phones in your house (or someone close by).
Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 PM
x2o

Well, I checked today and the crystals were fine. I think it may be the throttle Servo, I noticed today that when you turn it on, it snaps into the right position, but if you try gassing it it moves like 2 cm and then won't travel any further. Might try buying a new servo, actually i have a futaba S3003 servo laying around, i think there the same size. Might give it a go next time i get a chance
Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 AM
GYNAIKAS

I had the same problem with my old Hitec Ranger II. No it's not the servo's fault it's the receiver's contacts. Try clearing them and install a new servo to see what's gonna happen. If problem remains then your receiver is vulnerable to white noice that comes from the engine's vibration.