Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Kyosho V1SeriesIII or WO5T for first on road

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Kyosho V1SeriesIII or WO5T for first on road

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Mattmask

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho V1SeriesIII or WO5T for first on road

I only got involved in RC a few months ago and got myself a buggy, it's running really well now, even got a Nomadio React radio. The only problem is there's only one off road track anywhere near here.
So I've pretty much narrowed the choices of my first on roads down to the 2 above and would like to know what you think.
I don't want to start out with anything too quick or breakable, but I like the idea of the V1 series III coming in a kit form and having plenty of hop up options for later (if it lasts that long). Plus I've found it at a fairly good price.
Your thoughts would be muchly appreciated.

I have also just been looking at the speks on the Associated TC3 kit http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/1638
Please let me know what you think. I need all the advice I can get.

Cheers
Matt G

PS: Anyone who followed my thread on the Hitec HS-5955TG, It is the ducks nuts.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho V1SeriesIII or WO5T for first on road

If you race, the V1, if not, the 05T. That simple. The V1 is a highly competent race car, with belt driven 4wd. The FW05T is one of the better shaft driven cars and would run well in a car park and on a track. The V1 will not go so well in car parks, but will be better on the track.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
GYNAIKAS

Foxy has spoken... and he's right as usual!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Mattmask

Thats excactly what I wanted to here. My reason for getting the on road was so I can race more than once a month, cause thats all there is in off road in Cent West NSW. So now once I put it together and when possible, I should be able to get to a race every weekend.
I'm gonna put a 100,000 diff oil in the front and a 10 or 7K in the rear. Does that sound about right for a starting point.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers guys
Matt G.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds fine, but I'd go a bit heavier in the rear. Maybe as high as 20 or 30k. Depends on the track. I run 60k in the rear on my NT1, and a solid front axle, but it has ridiculously small diffs, so the weight of the oil has to be increased accordingly. It's the same as having 30k in any other car. Which one are you going for then?