Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Got LST2 clutchbell to work w/ hpi gears on Inferno GT(PICTS!)

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Got LST2 clutchbell to work w/ hpi gears on Inferno GT(PICTS!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 AM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got LST2 clutchbell to work w/ hpi gears on Inferno GT(PICTS!)

I was told by some one before that it would not work. Well I'm not the one to take no for an answer so see for yourself. The gears are HPI 18/22. The clutch bell is a standard threded LST2 bell. Flywheel and clutch shoes are fron an Aftershock. Motor is a Mach 427.

As you can see no clearence issues and perfetct mesh!

The trick it to mount both high and low gears on the clutch bells low speed thresds. As you can see both HPI gears fit perfectly and I no longer have to bother with trying to shim the flywheel to reach the spur gears and I have even heard of people chopping the hell out of their chasis plate to fit an after market motor. Well I'm here to tell you that it just got easier to fit an after market ingine in this wonderful platform!

You can also see, in the last picture, how I allways notch my flywheel for BDC. It helps set the piston after every run.

If any one is intersted in part #s please reply and I will be happy to provide them.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got LST2 clutchbell to work w/ hpi gears on Inferno GT(PICTS!)

i thought u where gonig to use the LST2 pinion gears thats why i sayed it wouldnt work...............

i knew that the the bell would work with the HPI pinion gears and everything would line up............i must have understoud ur question wrong i was running both HPI pinion gears for a while till i removed the whole 2speed and built a single speed convertion...........now my inferno gt runs of revo spur gears and has bein clocked over 75 MPH here is a few pics from when my inferno gt had the 2speed still in it i used the red pinion gears tho!!!!!!

i dont even run this motor in my inferno gt anymore.........i use a nvoarossi 528s in one and a mach 427 in the other..........
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 AM
GYNAIKAS

Nice tuning...and foams I see...nice choice!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
losifiend

MiamizFinest, I wasnt talking about you. Some one on Radiocontrol Zone said it. What size pinions were those?

What foams are those? I have never used foams before. How is the traction on concrete? Do you need to true them often? sorry for all the question. I need new tires and was thinking about getting some black DM1 mesh wheels and GRP road tires but rubber seems to wear pretty quickly.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM
losifiend

Here is a video I just shot. The tire came off the rim during a full throttle pass[:@]. This thing is insane to say the least.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x_Vw8CN4HY[/link]

This happend on the second full speed run after only 1/2 a tank. I have never seen low profile tires baloon like they did. I guess I need foams
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: losifiend

MiamizFinest, I wasnt talking about you. Some one on Radiocontrol Zone said it. What size pinions were those?

What foams are those? I have never used foams before. How is the traction on concrete? Do you need to true them often? sorry for all the question. I need new tires and was thinking about getting some black DM1 mesh wheels and GRP road tires but rubber seems to wear pretty quickly.

those are the ofna foams they come in 3 grades SOFT, MEDUM, AND HARD ............the soft grip the hardest but wear out very easy and add friction to the drive train......i personaly only use the HARD ones since they last the longest and have the less friction possiable and since im only donig high speed str8 line runs thats ll i need.........they only come in white i dyed mine black

ive never trued them since there is no truer for this size wheel.........i honestly just rotate them once every time i use it in a X pattern and they last me a good long time

also dont try turning at high speeds with these wheels since they like to chunk off, ive had some so long theyve lasted me almost to the rim check it out compared to a BRAND NEW ONE

also once u get past a sertain MPH things like to blow off once u start blowing foams off wheels u know ur moveing!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:44 PM
GYNAIKAS

LOL...tyre ripper!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 PM
ferrarimk13

thats awesome, i need to start doing that
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
compcast

yo miami i might need you to get my inferno running like yours and your mayhem buggy,got p3.28,jp3,foams,and hpi gearingwhat am i doing wrong.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 PM
MiamizFinest

that JP3 pipe is killing yo dawg........its a 3 chamber pipe and made for offroad it gets to top RPM real quick but doesnt stay there for long.......move over to a ofna 086 pipe top end pipe its not that much money.......what gearing are u running???

check it out im be at modern age with in these few weeks.........ill let u know the sunday im going to hang with the guys!!!