Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

just bought an inferno GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:44 AM
ttoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought an inferno GT

just bought myself an inferno GT, after thinking about on road for a while, to decided i might as well, since i have 5 off road, so far i'm likening it, only done 3 tanks, but as usual, it's caused my dad, all mighty super RC guy to come out ad think he knows how everything go's, and as usual caused him to loose it when i didn't do it his way, he wants me to run it as rich as possible all the time lol, theres a reason engines of any sort have the suggested operating temps... and then me being used to driving the off road trucks and truggies, crashed it, and he went off his head for it, all i do it laugh at this stuff, it's funny, should be good fun to get into the on road scene.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:10 AM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: just bought an inferno GT

Dads are more children than we are when the subject is an RC or a toy. LOL They think they know everything...I'm lucky that my dad ONLY watches...LOL
Old 10-06-2007, 02:49 AM
ttoks

yeah, i wish mine was like that, i've been doing this a lot longer then him, and whats more, i pay for all of my cars, including the inferno, so he has nothing to loose if i do stuff it up, he's just very controlling, it isn't working though.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:00 AM
GYNAIKAS

Well to be honest there have been 7 years since then...now I'm 23 years old so I don't care what my dad sais any more!! I live alone in a different city...LOL I do what I want,when I want, the way I want it!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 AM
ferrarimk13

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

Dads are more children than we are when the subject is an RC or a toy. LOL They think they know everything...I'm lucky that my dad ONLY watches...LOL
same here! hes always there with me, asking questions sometimes, and watching, if i need him to help with something, he does is without a problem, its at the hobby store where he asks the most questions, usually "u know how much money you're throwing at this hobby" and i say yep, and continue, lol
Old 10-06-2007, 07:16 AM
GYNAIKAS

Once (many years ago) one of my dad's associates at work wanted to race with his bike (XT 600) against my kyosho phantom in straight line. I was running for adjustment reasons at a huge Supermarket's parking lot. It was then that my dad realized that RC is not a game but a Hobby as serious as any other. I smoked the XT and some days later his associate bought a nitro RC too...till that time my dad always used to make fun of me and my cars...he used to say: "Come on you're 16 years old, when are gonna stop playing with toys!!!" Now I'm 23, 7years later, seven times more MAD about RC cars!!! LOOOOOL
Old 10-06-2007, 07:29 AM
ferrarimk13

lmao, my dad knows are serious in this stuff, and they know that i finally have some time to myself when i go to my room, and work on my cars, thats why i think they'll let me get the 1/12th electric kit, if i have to build it.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:33 AM
GYNAIKAS

You're gonna love the 1/12 ... driving it is harder than the EVOLVA...trust me I've driven such a thing...corners like HELL!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:38 AM
ferrarimk13

i cant wait, thats why im trying to sell my 1/18th because i cant use it much, with the rs4, and theres a new 1/12th track being made a little while away. Im planning on getting the Hara Checkpoint 7-turn motor for this one large track, and a 19-turn for the tight one/
Old 10-06-2007, 09:42 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn you! I'm still saving up for the IGT but I need to resurrect my T-maxx first (needs new set of servos and hopefully a .26-.27 engine). These cars are a blast, and since they're so large you dont have to worry about pebbles and stuff. Man I cant wait till I get mine, I'm gonna sell the stock engine/ tires/ electronics straight away. Then goes in a Piccp .28/ STS .30 with GRP tires and my Futaba 3PM
Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 AM
ttoks

well i accidentally went just about full throttle into a curb (one of them sloping ones) and launched it about 7 feet in the air, end to ended it, and didn't even scratch the body, kinda forgot they have have hard suspension and very limited suspension travel, used to the off roaders that i can go full throttle over just about everything, i'm glad they're based on a buggy, coz with me driving it, it's gonna need every bit of strength it can get! lol