Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Car won't idle on the ground

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
jdorsey89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't idle on the ground

I just recently bought my first nitro rc car. It is a duratrax streetforce gp2. I have already ran about 5 or so tanks throught. So it should be broken in already. I did everything the manual told me to. Will i was driving it around it spun out and then slide into the curb. The rear tire hit the curb. No damage was done that i know of and i dought ther would be because it didn't crash hard. After that happened I wasn't able to get it started again. I think I couldn't get it started because my igniters batteries were low. At the time I didn't know, so I messed with the carb adjustments. Ever since that I can only get the car running while it's in the air. I have tried the factory settings and just about every other needle position possible. For some reason it wont idle on the ground. When its in the air it runs all day. If i set it on the ground it one wants to take of becauae it has to idle high to stay running and two it drives around fine untill I stop the car. My guess is the carb is not adjusted right. Any help will be helpful. Thanks, Jim
Old 10-07-2007, 10:39 AM
rshooch

Default RE: Car won't idle on the ground

if it wont idle on the ground but it runs fine while driving i would check the clutch... its probably sticking
Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Car won't idle on the ground

Ya, clutch must be sticking. You will have to pull the engine out, and remove the clutchbell to see what is going on. Use the manuals and parts drawings to get it apart and back together. If you don't have blue threadlocker then definitely get some. Threadlock all metal to metal connections when you put it back together.