Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Feedback pls!Nitro on road rc

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
cgflores

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback pls!Nitro on road rc

Hi guys.I am planning to buy 1/10 on road rc rtr nitro and plan to go drifting with it sometimes.I am looking into team associated tc3 plus rtr, the traxxas nitro 4tec 3.3. or the HPI rs4 evo.Please send me your feedbacks on these rc as to performance and speed.I already have traxxas jato 3.3 and revo 3.3 so I am more concern on the speed.Thanks!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
ferrarimk13

Default RE: Feedback pls!Nitro on road rc

if ur going just on speed, go with the 4-tec, but dont plan on handling very well with it. I would personally go with the RS4 3, which is a great car btw.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Suprachrgd82

The NTC3 is a step above the RS4 in regards to competiveness. The chassis is designed to be tunable, and make "pit-stops" a snap by simple design.
The NTC3 is more fragile due to parts rigidity. It is designed to handle extremely well, and has a great deal of aftermarket parts available.

The RS4 is intended more from the street use and for the average basher. It is more durable, but will not give the tunability of the NTC3. It also does not have as many hop-ups available.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:04 PM
ferrarimk13

as many hopups?! are u serious, the RS4 has just as many tuning mods for it as the NTC3, and if u know what ur doing, with both cars, u can get them to be quite competitive.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:04 PM
GYNAIKAS

I'd say 18ss...it's the closest to 4-tec's power, it has EVO's durability, it has NTC3's handling ability and TONS of hopups (extreme tunability cause it has all the heavy duty parts)...it combines everything but it's not an RTR. Only comes as a kit version.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:11 PM
cgflores

If Im going for the TC3 guys,what mods do I need to change so I could use it for drifting?Drift tires?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
GYNAIKAS

Get 18ss and then the D-stage set upgrade...just made for drifting.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 PM
cgflores

Are those 18ss and D stage set upgrade can be used on a TC3 plus RTR?Just bought one..
Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 AM
rshooch

the drift kit is for the rs4 evo 3 chassis only wich is the 18ss chassis. the 18ss is just the engine its hpi .18 wich will fit ur car but the os .18cvr is a much better engin in my opinion.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:52 AM
GYNAIKAS

Well .18tz is better than nitro star 18ss engine but CVR is a bit more durable but also a bit slower than the 18ss engine. Few days ago I raced with some friends unofficially and one of them had the 18ss with almost the same hopups I have, same gearing and the CVR-X on his car. I Have the stock engine and I decided to modify it instead. Before I modify the engine we were about the same at acceleraton and speed. He had slightly better acceleration but i had more top end. By the time I modified the 18ss engine he can't even come close at straight line...I was excited to see my car leaving the CVR behing at straight line!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 AM
cgflores

so which one is better in top speed and durable?18ss or 18cvr?what do I need to change aside from the engine?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
rshooch

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

Well .18tz is better than nitro star 18ss engine but CVR is a bit more durable but also a bit slower than the 18ss engine. Few days ago I raced with some friends unofficially and one of them had the 18ss with almost the same hopups I have, same gearing and the CVR-X on his car. I Have the stock engine and I decided to modify it instead. Before I modify the engine we were about the same at acceleraton and speed. He had slightly better acceleration but i had more top end. By the time I modified the 18ss engine he can't even come close at straight line...I was excited to see my car leaving the CVR behing at straight line!!!
wow Ive run the CVR in my wifes evo 3 and smoked my brother with the .18SS kit car every time we ran them....

dont know if this helps but RCDiver review on the .18ss evo3 + top speed was 35.37 mph..
Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
cgflores

really.so I guess is much better to get the CVR instead of SS.Whats the top speed for the CVR?any idea?Will it fit perfectly on my TC3 plus rtr?Thanks rshooch.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 AM
rshooch

I think you may have to change some of your clutch stuff not to sure.. Ive always been an hpi guy I just got my ntc3 about a week ago so Im still tryin to figure it out.. check the ntc3 thread I think i read something about what you need in there... I think it was this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMD5&P=7 but double check...

depending on the model engine you get..
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: rshooch

wow Ive run the CVR in my wifes evo 3 and smoked my brother with the .18SS kit car every time we ran them....

dont know if this helps but RCDiver review on the .18ss evo3 + top speed was 35.37 mph..
1)There's no car named EVO 3 but RS4 18ss. What do you mean by evo3???
2)There's no way that the 18ss engine is not able to go over 45-50. The man who reviewed apparetly didnt set the engine perfectly. 18ss (not the + version with those filthy tyres) is officially clocked at 51mph and there's a video at HPI's site about that.
3)My 18ss engine is modified and I killed the CVR few days ago at my local racetrack, especially at straight line.
4)Maybe it's time your bro had a properly tuned engine, or changing the crappy HPI's teflon pipe!!!
5)Want a pic of my car?There you go...tell your bro to mount that pipe and filter and adjust the engine's needles properly and you'll see that it runs almost the same as the CVR. Then imagine what it can do when modified...

EDIT: pictures added
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94024.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	781011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92618.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	781012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14223.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	781013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93080.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	781014  
Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
cgflores

Ok.Think I need to do more research between these 2 engines before ill get one..Everybody is saying different things.Bottomline is if its tuned correctly then it will get great performance and speed.[8D]
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
GYNAIKAS

Well both engines are very good. Get the one that makes it easier for you to find parts and support...simple?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
rshooch

ORIGINAL: rshooch

1)There's no car named EVO 3 but RS4 18ss. What do you mean by evo3???
2)There's no way that the 18ss engine is not able to go over 45-50. The man who reviewed apparetly didnt set the engine perfectly. 18ss (not the + version with those filthy tyres) is officially clocked at 51mph and there's a video at HPI's site about that.
3)My 18ss engine is modified and I killed the CVR few days ago at my local racetrack, especially at straight line.
4)Maybe it's time your bro had a properly tuned engine, or changing the crappy HPI's teflon pipe!!!
5)Want a pic of my car?There you go...tell your bro to mount that pipe and filter and adjust the engine's needles properly and you'll see that it runs almost the same as the CVR. Then imagine what it can do when modified...

EDIT: pictures added
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXRSH9**&P=0 (minus the .18 but the verson that came with the t-15)is the car im talking about I was saying evo 3 for short..

Im not flaming you or saying your wrong I was just telling you about my encounters with the two.

my bro runs the tsias pipe and .18ss kit car (now he runs the cvr same pipe)we know how to tune a nitro engine.
Ive been running off road 1/8 buggies and mts for over 7 years.
I may be some what new to on road but not the hobby.
Ive always agreed/and belive what you post about this hobby and and have thanked you for your info and input that you gave me.
I never said that that engine cant top 45 mph I just gave info from one of the leading magazines in this hobby.
I have had a hpi rs4 3 evo for a few years and bashed with it here and there till my wife took it over.
wich is why I now have a ntc3. more tunning options better handling ect..
Old 10-13-2007, 08:07 AM
GYNAIKAS

Hi there! Man sorry If my writing style seems a bit offenceve...trust me it's not on purpose! I dont want arguments and I'm a great fan of conversation! I've no reason not to believe what you say and I never said you have no engine tuning experience! I'm talking about "nitro star 18ss engine" not the G3. Nitro star 18ss engine when properly adjusted runs almost the same as the CVR trust me! I don't know why your bro falls behind the CVR...honestly, that's not supposed normally to happen so tere may be a problem...maybe he didn't break-in the engine properly and he was in a hurry to play and that's why his 18ss engine is not able of giving full power and rpm. Is your wife's CVR modified? Anyway, i also believe that 18ss with the proper camber,toe and caster selections or settings handles as good as the ntc3 wich I also concider as a magnificent car.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 AM
cgflores

Hello guys.Got a question.Just changed my medium stock glow plug from my jato 3.3 with a traxxas hot glow plug.Noticed a big difference between these two.Hot glow plug starts more faster than medium but had noticed that my jato 3.3 idle had gone upand engine temp increases significantly.Other than that,seems okey.Would it cause any damage if Im going to use the hot glow plug now instead of the medium glow plug?both these plugs are from traxxas.[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 10-13-2007, 09:49 AM
GYNAIKAS

Glow plug type should always be in balance with the fuel % that you use and the weather conditons too. Hotter golw plugs are recomended for low % fuel usage.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:56 AM
cgflores

Im using 20% nitro morgan fuel for all my rc and Im in Florida so its a little bit hot out here.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:31 PM
GYNAIKAS

You should use a medium one. If you use hot glow plug, the 20% nitro fuel will ignit earlier than it's supposed to be while the piston won't be at its upper ending point. You can run with it but don't push your engine to the limit. And it's most likely that the glow plug will be damaged way faster than normal.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 PM
rshooch

Hi there! Man sorry If my writing style seems a bit offenceve...trust me it's not on purpose! I dont want arguments and I'm a great fan of conversation! I've no reason not to believe what you say and I never said you have no engine tuning experience! I'm talking about "nitro star 18ss engine" not the G3. Nitro star 18ss engine when properly adjusted runs almost the same as the CVR trust me! I don't know why your bro falls behind the CVR...honestly, that's not supposed normally to happen so tere may be a problem...maybe he didn't break-in the engine properly and he was in a hurry to play and that's why his 18ss engine is not able of giving full power and rpm. Is your wife's CVR modified? Anyway, i also believe that 18ss with the proper camber,toe and caster selections or settings handles as good as the ntc3 wich I also concider as a magnificent car.

Np [8D] I just didnt want you to think I was bashing you especialy after all the help and advice you have given me on the ntc3..

Old 10-13-2007, 05:56 PM
GYNAIKAS

No everything is ok! And sorry again if I made you think that I'm getting offencive! But really try finding what's going on with your bro's 18ss engine...there's much more this outlaw can do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.