Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Help with nitro

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 AM
groovydrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with nitro

I'm the admin at groovydrift.com and have no knowledge of nitros. Can someone help me figure out what information in the threads are correct and/or useful and who kinda knows what they're talking about?

[link]http://www.groovydrift.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2104[/link]

[link]http://www.groovydrift.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4839[/link]

Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 AM
rshooch

Default RE: Help with nitro

in the first post asiatic619 seems to know the most on the topic in that form... pitstop was a little off base/misleading with his posts

second post i agree with whom ever recomended the roto start or stater box most user friendly way to start nitro but with proper engine tune and care a pull starter will work fine and the engine will fire with 1 to 3 pulls..

hope this helps...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 AM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: Help with nitro

At jerridwanat's post you should advise everyone to tune their engine as good as they can for the best performance (by performance I mean not only speed but proper operating temperature and good idle behaviour). If someone is pushing his engine to the limit while drifting he definately should make the high speed needle a bit richer to drop the temperature a bit and avoid overheating. I don't mean running the engine rich as someone wrote...just a bit richer than the non-drift adjustment.