RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Serpent Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
radkustoms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serpent Tires

Hello,
I have a Serpent Vector NT that handles terrible on asphault with foam tires. Is there a way to get foams to hook up on the street or is there anyone making rubber tires for these cars? I'm not really into competative racing outside of my friends, so I mostly stick to the streets or parking lots. Am I wasting my time trying to get this car to work on pavement? Any input would help. For now, back to my Super Nitro RS4!!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Serpent Tires

What Shore rating are your tires...it sounds like they might be too hard? My 950 will get good traction on an un-treated asphalt parking lot with 25-30's, but they don't last very long.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 AM
GYNAIKAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Serpent Tires

For how long have those foams been unused? If for a long time, then you need new foams cause old ones have lost al of their grip. If the foams you refer to are new (even if they're a hard-type of foams) problem comes from suspention and angles adjusting. Also try cutting the foams to the proper diameter that racers suggest (but only if you have the right tool avalable!!!Not by yourself).