RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Rs4 2 tranny help plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rs4 2 tranny help plz

I will soon be in the process of restoring an old RS4 2. I want to put a 2 speed in it. I looked on there website to get part numbers and i did some research and found that it will cost me like $91.24 to buy it in pieces instead of a complete 2 speed tranny kit that is discontinued Are there other options? Can a rs4 3 2 speed be adapted or anything be fitted from another car If not am I stuck just shelling out the cash?
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 AM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: Rs4 2 tranny help plz

Well does it worth the money? Are you gonna play with that car of simply rebuild it for emotional reasons?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:15 PM
ByronRC

GYNAIKAS, A little of both. I think if i combine the rs4 2 2 speed shaft with the rs4 3 2 speed it will work and be a little less money
Old 10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
GYNAIKAS

It sounds like it's gonna work...go for it and let me know the results.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Macster33

You can get the 2 speed upgrade on ebay for 55-60 bucks. I bought one a month ago, and have since upgraded to the rs4 3 clutch bell and gears to accomedate my .18tz
Old 10-18-2007, 01:12 AM
xXxCellARatOr

Does the threaded clutch bell from the RS4 3 fit the old RS4 2s and 1s? i noticed that the older clutchbells used to be a little bit bigger, but i notcied u mentioned that u upgraded to the RS4 3 clutchbell. so is that the threaded one? does it fit? thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
ByronRC

Actually I haven't done anything yet. I'm still waiting on parts to come in. All that I have is an old beat up roller with front and rear suspension and some of the drive train. What I'm waiting on is a second roller to come in which appears to have better looking parts. It
will be a slow process though as I have a bunch of other projects such as soopin up an almost new Super nitro Rs4, Upgrading my
NTC3, Playing with my RS4-3 18ss. Oh and maybe, just maybe cross my fingers I'll get a new kit this year, compliments of my wife xmas gift. Here's a hint an X--y N-1. Don't want to jinx it though. maybe
Old 10-19-2007, 01:29 AM
ByronRC

Oh yah I forgot to mention I'm into RC boats too
Old 10-19-2007, 06:10 AM
GYNAIKAS

Me too but not racing boats...slower constructions Me and my uncle have build a boat from scratch...all wooden with two big motors and a battery from a small scooter! You play aproximately 1hour without recharging!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

the 2 speed from the rs4-3 will not work on the 2. The shafts are totally different. Now, if you can find a 2 speed shaft from a 2, then you can make it work. Byron, since youre in FTLD, if you havent ordered what you are looking for yet, give me a couple of days. Im almost sure I can find you one in my stash because I usually yank the 2 speeds out and turn them into singles. Send me a PM in a couple of days and I'll let you know.

As far as boats, what kind you have? Im looking into getting into the gasoline boats. Maybe something with a 26CC like a BlackJack or something within those lines.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 PM
ByronRC

Got_to_100_now_die_hatin, I was wondering when you were goin to chime in here. That was my plan. I was swith out the shafts. That would be awesome if you could get me a shaft. not to sound greedy but I need 2 one for my super nitro. Do you know where I might obtain one? Oh I don't live in FTLD, in fact I live in Port Angeles WA. Yeh I know I need to update my info. I guess I'm lazy. If you can help me though that would be great. PMme about pricing as I know I can't ask here.
Thank of thinking of me buddy.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

I dont spend as much time in here now as I did. I know I have atleast a couple of them because I yank them out of every car I own. I'll look tomorrow and let you know definetly. I'll PM you and let you know what I have. I wont want anything for them, just pay for shipping.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
ByronRC

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

I dont spend as much time in here now as I did. I know I have atleast a couple of them because I yank them out of every car I own. I'll look tomorrow and let you know definetly. I'll PM you and let you know what I have. I wont want anything for them, just pay for shipping.
Got_to_100_now_die_hatin
Sweet let me know.