Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

New Associated 1:10 Nitro TC3 - Advice Please

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

New Associated 1:10 Nitro TC3 - Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
soop7667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Associated 1:10 Nitro TC3 - Advice Please

Hey everyone -

Just got a new TC3. First impressions are - WOW! I like it!! All though I did end up bruning up the first set of tires in about 4 or 5 tanks. Seem's a bit fast to me. Then I experienced the frustration of trying to replace the tires on the rims...What a pain in the ***** getting off the old rubber! Scratch that idea! I checked and adjusted my Camber, and toe adjustments to 1 degree - apparently the RTR settings were not accurate, or even. I also installed a thin shock spacer in each shock to give me a little more stiffness - I was scraping the bottom pretty easily on the bumpy road. Does anyone have any advice on tires? I want something that's going to last me longer. I'm going to be running mainly on very rough to somewhat smooth asphalt - Just fun stuff. Also what are the best mods to start off with on this car? I have very little car experience because I've mainly been doing RC Heli's so feel free to include info for noobs, cuz I fall right into that category. Luckily - My Heli Experience has taught me all I need to know about the electronics, and Nitro engines. Also - what can I do with that pull start? I hate it!! I'd much rather use a shaft starter - I do have one.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:15 PM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: New Associated 1:10 Nitro TC3 - Advice Please

I don't know about the shaft starter but generally if you want perfect grip get foams. If you want extremely tyre endurance get the drift ones. some of the hop ups that are generally recomended are: racing in line pipe, racing fuel tank, sway bars, harder shocks,racing air filter,fuel line filter, differential oil fill and of course foam tyres for maximum grip.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
associatedrules

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

I don't know about the shaft starter but generally if you want perfect grip get foams. If you want extremely tyre endurance get the drift ones. some of the hop ups that are generally recomended are: racing in line pipe, racing fuel tank, sway bars, harder shocks,racing air filter,fuel line filter, differential oil fill and of course foam tyres for maximum grip.
I agree foam tires are a must for nitro on a smooth asphault surface. I would recomend Nitro Shoe from Jaco. As for hop ups if it is the RTR NTC3 go for a good radio before anything else. Also never add shock spacers to change shock stiffness, they are made to adjust ride height and nothing else. Buy the factory team spring set and use one size stiffer front and rear for foam tires.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 AM
GYNAIKAS

Yeap, associatedrules is right about both the rado and the spring setup. As i use to say, a good radio is the best investment anyone can make in RC world. It's the only thing connecting you with the running car, and can be used on ANY car of boat you'll ever have.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM
soop7667

a good radio is the best investment anyone can make in RC world
Yep - I know the whole deal there. When I got into Heli's that was my first investment. Don't know much about car radio's, but I was thinking DX3. I am a Spektrum Lover - of coarse when you have $2400. worth of heli in the air, glitches scare you quite a bit more than if you had a $300. car on the ground. At least with a radio problem on the ground, there's much less posibility that you won't find your toy. I didn't look at any other radios the other day - All I noticed for sure was that on the DX3 the dual rates are adjustable with the digital trims, and there's an over-ride button that brings it back to 100%, as long as you maintain the button. I thought that was a cool feature. So you could hit it in the sharp curves, or if you screw up, and then let it go for the fast runs. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:42 AM
associatedrules

I was also in the market for the DX3 but found the Futaba T3PM FAST to have more features like 10 model memory memory instead of 3, but the DX3 does come with an extra receiver. Hard choice to make with both being Spectrum, even after I already made my choice.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
cgflores

Hi.Do anybody had tried putting those ofna power starter or ofna shaft starter on the NTC3 RTR?would it fit?got really tired of bringinig those big starter box for my NTC3.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
soop7667

I dunno - , but I'm thinkin either I'm getting one, or a starter box. I'm sick of removing the body every time I want to start it up.
\
Old 11-10-2007, 08:44 PM
cgflores

yup.thats the point.removing the body,bringing those starter box every race and charging those batteries for the starter box.Im trying to find it too.With these shaft starter,all we need is the shaft starter and the backplate.I wonder if any of these ofna backplates will fit into NTC3.feedbacks please.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
ferrarimk13

im not sure, u might want to try a hpi t-15 backplate, and see if that fits.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:33 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The engine in the RTR TC3 is made by Thunder Tiger...