Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NO MORE FOAMS!...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:09 AM
IAMKAOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO MORE FOAMS!...?

..... RECENTLY I WENT TO MY LHS TO PURCHASE SOME FOAM TIRES FOR MY EVO AND TC3. THIS SHOP ALWAYS CARRIED THESE INEXPENSIVE FOAM TIRES FOR $ 9.99 PAIR....JUST GOOD PARKING LOT BASHING TIRES. I WAS SURPRISED THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY. ALL THEY HAD WAS TWO PAIR OF VERY HIGH PRICED COMPETETION RACING FOAMS AND AND THE ONE PAIR OF RUBBER TIRES. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THE TIRES THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE AND WOULD NOT BE STOCKING THEM. I LEFT THINKING THEY WERE YANKING ME AROUND. LATER I DROVE TO ANOTHER HS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN. I WAS STUNNED TO FIND THE SAME THING THERE!!. THEY HAD ALSO QUIT SELLING THEM.
I CHECKED ON-LINE AND FOUND THESE TIRES AT SEVERAL MAIL ORDER VENDORS. THE BEST PRICE'S WERE AT NITROHOUSE.COM. NOW I'LL HAVE TO BUY ON-LINE FOR SOME TIRES JUST TO PARKING LOT BASH. .....MAYBE I'LL JUST SELL MY CARS IF THIS WHAT THE HOBBY COMING TO.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NO MORE FOAMS!...?

CAPS!

As for the tires, I haven't heard any such thing. The racing classes that use them (1/10th on road) are still going strong. My LHS carries three different brands. It must be a local business decision, maybe everyone is running off road there.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 AM
CBM Racing

I feel your pain. The closest hobby shop to me is 50+ miles away, and they don't carry anything for onroad at all, I mean zero. I go down south to run with family and the local hobbytown said we could have all their foams for half price because they were not selling and when they are gone he probably wouldn't restock them[]. I don't get it, when they get new cars(onroad)they sell right away, but they don't support them with parts except for the 4-tec. I guess their profit margin is to small to waste space for faster selling items. Unfortunatly, if they had the means to build a track or even organized parkinglot racing, they could sell a LOT of parts and support gear, especially tires. I believe this is one reason why our hobby isn't as large as it used to be. When I got into it some 20+ yrs ago, there was racing in almost every town I went to. There were racing in many school gymnasiums and everywhere else! Now the closest designated track is in thorp (Marshall rc park)but thats 2hrs drive for me! There are a lot of offroad trcks around, but no onroad, so no parts support. Thats why I shop online for almost all my hobby related stuff. Do you hobby shop owners here me? Your cutting your own throats and making it harder for younger people to get into this awsome facet of rc. Oh well, parts are much cheaper online anyway!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 AM
GYNAIKAS

Thank god i have everything I need just 10minutes away! But you have towerhobbies so I wouldn't worry much!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:57 PM
IAMKAOS

THE 2ND STORE I WENT TO WAS A HOBBYTOWN. THEY DO SELL A LOT OF OFF- ROAD TRUCKS, BUGGIES AND PARTS BUT VERY LITTLE ON-ROAD. THEY ONLY HAD 3 NITRO ON-ROAD CARS IN THE STORE . A 4-TEC AND TWO RS4 EVO PLUS'S AND ONE OF OF THEM WAS THE DISPLAY CAR, A EVO WITH BARRACUDA BODY WHICH THEY HAVE MARKED 20 % OFF. THAT CAR WAS ON DISPLAY 5 WEEKS AGO WHEN I WAS THERE. WHEN THIS STORE OPENED SEVERAL MONTHS AGO THEY HAD SEVERAL NITRO ON-ROAD CARS. OFNA'S, HPI, TC3 PLUS'S AND SOME 1/8 SCALE ONE'S,...BUT NOT ANYMORE .....SO ITS JUST THE POPULARITY OF NITRO ON-ROAD CARS IN MY AREA. WHAT THEY DO SELL A LOT OF IS THESE 1/18 SCALE ELECTRIC CARS. A GUY WHO WORKS THERE TOLD ME THEY SOLD 35 OF THESE IN ONE WEEK. THEY RUN THEM IN THE PARKING LOT AFTER HOURS AND THE KIDS LOVE THEM......SSOOOO....I GUESS I'LL BE MAIL ORDERING FOAM TIRES
Old 10-14-2007, 03:17 PM
GYNAIKAS

That's the only way as it looks!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
ferrarimk13

dude, whats with the caps? its really annoying, but im lucky that i have my hobby stores a few minutes away, and they carry everything i need, and an get anything i want.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
neb941

$6.50 here http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=24175
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 AM
scottywilkes

thats where i get my Jaco foamies, just got some 40 shore jaco foams for my NTC3, frieking awesome, makes the thing handle like its on rails, i am yet to spin it out lol. Just remember, there in hong kong, so shipping is gonna be more than it is within the US, for me in AUS its the best place to buy parts as shipping is CHEAP
Old 10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
GYNAIKAS

Hi there! Can anyone tell me who makes the softest foams in the market that would fit an RS4? Here in Greece I've never seen anything softer than #30 for any of the cars I had or have. Somewhere I found a #25 but it says it's for wet conditions and it's just after the #45 at the table. It's probably a different compound. LINK: http://www.grpgandini.com/uk/1-10-touring.asp
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 PM
IAMKAOS

i think jaco and grp only make 30 to 42's. i have never seen 25's in a hobby shop but i know someone makes them. sorry i do not know who. those $9.99 grp's were the tires our LHS'S quit selling. tower hobbies is sure not selling them at that price.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
ferrarimk13

it says for rain, but u dont have to use it for that, its just super soft, so it works well on wet asphalt, so go for it, sounds good.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

it says for rain, but u dont have to use it for that, its just super soft, so it works well on wet asphalt, so go for it, sounds good.
I think #25 rain foams have different compound than other foams...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: IAMKAOS

i think jaco and grp only make 30 to 42's. i have never seen 25's in a hobby shop but i know someone makes them. sorry i do not know who. those $9.99 grp's were the tires our LHS'S quit selling. tower hobbies is sure not selling them at that price.
$9.99 is a very good price! We get them for 12-13 euros here...[:@]
Old 10-16-2007, 03:27 PM
IAMKAOS

tower hobbies wants $16.99 a pair for them. same tire!!.. tower is not the same discount house as it was years ago since the owners sold the buisness to their employees. tower is now owned and operated by the employees.........but thats another subject
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
ferrarimk13

lol, i like towers, they always send me good products, fast, which i like, lol. Do u think the rain tires have more of the rubbery feel to them?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

lol, i like towers, they always send me good products, fast, which i like, lol. Do u think the rain tires have more of the rubbery feel to them?
I'll ask at the local rc shop...I'm as curious as you are!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
IAMKAOS

if you were a rc airplane flyer like i have also been for 24 years you would know what i'm talking about. tower and great planes have been slammed badly for the past 10 days on another rcu forum that a rcu moderator finally locked the forum. great planes and tower have been advertising their arf models as covered with quality coverings like monokote and ultracote. but now these models are covered in a really cheap covering that is awful. and their price matching policies and other polices have changed too.......but those are completely different subjects
Old 10-17-2007, 09:34 AM
GYNAIKAS

That's a different subject...but I think I understand why you posted that.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
NitroWarren

My neighbor races onraod at thorp. he gets his foams at chippewa hobby store. the owner races nitro sedans in thorp too. Joe said they have plenty there. have you tried chippewa?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:51 PM
ferrarimk13

^ CBM Racing, that post is for you.

Incase CBM doesnt see that post is for him, im just gonna say it here.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
CBM Racing

Went to thorp once, great time, great folks. Thats Marshall rc paerk right? Love the offroad track there, and the oval is fun, though kinda small. Thorp is a little over 100 miles from me, so I can't get that way often. I am looking forward to going there more this year though!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:34 AM
ziggy12345

RC mushroom carries foams for $9.62 here

http://rc-mushroom.com/index.php?cPath=44_45