Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Official "outlaw engines on 1:10 on-road cars" thread!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Official "outlaw engines on 1:10 on-road cars" thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
GYNAIKAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official "outlaw engines on 1:10 on-road cars" thread!!!

Is your 1:10 car's engine >.15??? Then here is a thread for pictures, ideas, tips and conversation about the outlaw class!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:08 PM
nitrohead5300

Default RE: Official "outlaw engines on 1:10 on-road cars" thread!!!

Thanks G-Man
Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
nitrohead5300

What got me started with this complusion of putting big motors in small cars was Schumacher when they released their .21 Fusion. It was ok but I wanted a car that handled better so I but a .18 in my R-40. Perfect not only is it very fast but it handles alot better than my Fusion did. Now I am working on a V-1RRR . I intend on putting a modified OS TZ .18 in it.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:45 PM
CBM Racing

That will be sweet if the handling doesn't go to far off. I have an os18tm in my rs43 and it goes like stink! I used the tm because of it's awsome low end so I could gear it higher and not loose much acceleration. Unfortunately with the heavier engine the balance is way off and handling went to crap. Also with stockish gears, I constantly snap dogbones and driveshafts. Geared high though and it's a different animal. I usually use 39/43 spurs(stock is 43/47) and clutchbell 21/25(stock is 18/22)and this thing gives 4tecs a good run. Top end unknown, but very high, and handles fairly good except for the balance issue.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
ferrarimk13

who puts a tm in an onroad? i love my 18TZ, and its not hard to turn over anymore.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM
nitrohead5300

I like my .18 TZ too.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 AM
GYNAIKAS

LOL I'm the stock-man here...HAHAHA!!! I've the nitro star 18ss engine...but I couldn't resist...it's as much modified as it gets!!! I think I've scared the <edited> out my engine!!! It screams and with the help of LRP pipe It's about 20-30% faster than before! I never thought that would be possible! I just hope it doesnt blow sometime! 6liters till now and everything looks fine!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:15 AM
scottywilkes

Im runnin just the stock AE 15 in my factory team NTC3, ive opened the intake ports up and the boost port and have got a noticible increase in performance. The top end really screams now.

Now, i really want a 12 to put in it if i want to start racing, but, u cant beat the price of the 18TZ and the extreme power.
Will the Factory team NTC3 be able to take the raw power of the 18TZ? Im gonna have to get new MIP driveshafts as the ones now have enlarged the holes a bit and the slop is becoming more and more noticible.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:44 AM
GYNAIKAS

For such a car (sport class) .18 tz is a better choice than the expensive top .12 engines cause tz will have the job done at 1/3 price!!! Get the tz and welcome to the outlaw club!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:06 AM
scottywilkes

gotto get a mach 427 for the MGT first, and a Mamba 6800 for the RC18T, And a few 2 cell lipos lol, and a few RC18T driveline upgrades HEHE.

The little AE15 is still goin very strong now, so i dont think il upgrade it until it takes a dump or looses power. Then il go 18TZ, get a bump box, get some nice high gearing, and have a street rocket , atleast then il be able to hammer my mates RTR 15 RS4 , the little AE15 beats it now, so im sure the TZ would totally obliterate it LMAO, my current project is installing my Old mgt motor (TTR28) into my nitro evader [>:], its gonna need ALOT OF BEEFING UP LOL, does that class as outlaw
Old 10-15-2007, 06:22 AM
GYNAIKAS

Is anyone else here that has modified an 18ss engine? As i said above engine goes much faster than before and kills CVRs, modified G3s and LRP v-specs!!! That's something I didn't expect to happen so I care not to damage it and that's the reason I use 16% racing fuel. Is it ok if I go for 25% now that it is fully modified (sleeve,ports,crankshaft) or It's gonna turn into a firework??? I modified the engine just for fun to see what happens and it turned to be a small beast of power! So can anyone tell me what's going on here????? [&:]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM
The Winner

hi ginaika! ime ke egw apo ellada! anyway what car you have?and which engine you mod?i want too to mod my lrp z.28r spec3!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:31 AM
GYNAIKAS

Geia sou re Ellhnara! I have the stock nitro star 18ss engine that the RS4 18ss comes with...

Greek: Ase file ths exw allaxei ta fwta kai anevazei san trelh! Apla fovamai oti thn exw sprwxei para poly kai tha thn tinaxw ston aera kamia mera!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
ferrarimk13

Greek looks hard, anywho what pipes do u guys run with your .18s? Vantage over here
Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

Greek: Ase file ths exw allaxei ta fwta kai anevazei san trelh! Apla fovamai oti thn exw sprwxei para poly kai tha thn tinaxw ston aera kamia mera!!!
Who cares, it's an 18SS. lol.

Translation for the English speakers (and cos it's funny, the way the greek is phrased)...

Leave it alone friend, I've changed her lights (*) and she revs like a lunatic. Its just I'm scared I've pushed her too far and I'll jolt (*) her up in the air one day!

* 'her' because engines in greek are female objects, and 'changed her lights', means 'beat the living daylights out of her'. lol.
* jolt is not really what G means here, more like 'fly her up in the air', but I can't think of a better translation right now, there are many Greek words which don't really have translations, or at least, don't translate to mean the same thing in English. Hardly surprising really, since they have 400,000 words to our poxy 100,000 (not including medical mechanical physical, which are also all greek words anyway!lol)

Ferrari, Greek is hard. I learned it in 5 years, and people tell me that's astonishing (I'm still not perfect). Just lucky with languages I guess. I know other English and Americans here for over 10 years who still hardly understand a thing. It's all a case of how much you want to learn. I love the language, you can say some really beautiful things with it.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
The Winner

so speak at english because some guys will be nervus here! i have not a on road but i see you are GREEK MAN and i post!how old are you?and from which state?and please tell me how you mod your engine i want too!sent to pm if it is big! aaa re elladara me tous trelous su!tsita ta gazia! file an exeis msn pesto m!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Who cares, it's an 18SS. lol.

Translation for the English speakers (and cos it's funny, the way the greek is phrased)...

Leave it alone friend, I've changed her lights (*) and she revs like a lunatic. Its just I'm scared I've pushed her too far and I'll jolt (*) her up in the air one day!

* 'her' because engines in greek are female objects, and 'changed her lights', means 'beat the living daylights out of her'. lol.
* jolt is not really what G means here, more like 'fly her up in the air', but I can't think of a better translation right now, there are many Greek words which don't really have translations, or at least, don't translate to mean the same thing in English. Hardly surprising really, since they have 400,000 words to our poxy 100,000 (not including medical mechanical physical, which are also all greek words anyway!lol)

Ferrari, Greek is hard. I learned it in 5 years, and people tell me that's astonishing (I'm still not perfect). Just lucky with languages I guess. I know other English and Americans here for over 10 years who still hardly understand a thing. It's all a case of how much you want to learn. I love the language, you can say some really beautiful things with it.
Thankyou for the translation there Foxy,i often look at what you guys type but can never make head nor tail of it.I now see where the saying "it's all Greek to me"comes from.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
GYNAIKAS

If you don't understand some greek we write to save time just ask it I'll translate immediatly!!! And foxy believe me the 18ss kills...not an rb matrix but still kills!

My msn is [email protected]

ferrarimk13: you know what pipe I'm using. It's the LRP one. But I've found an LRP in-line for side exhaust engines...sounds good but expensive so I wont bother getting one.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Anthoop

If you don't understand some greek we write to save time just ask it I'll translate immediatly!!! .
Thankyou GYNAIKAS..i may hold you to that.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM
GYNAIKAS

Anytime!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
GYNAIKAS

Still no answer about if my engine is in danger when using 25%...
Old 10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you'll "grenade" it...just might need an extra shim and/or a cooler plug though.

I run 25% in most of my knock-around engines (don't like the term "bashing"...I don't run into stuff ) and no problems.

My TT .21 in the Fusion runs quite well on 25%.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:01 PM
ferrarimk13

If you don't understand some greek we write to save time just ask it I'll translate immediatly!!! And foxy believe me the 18ss kills...not an rb matrix but still kills!

My msn is [email protected]

ferrarimk13: you know what pipe I'm using. It's the LRP one. But I've found an LRP in-line for side exhaust engines...sounds good but expensive so I wont bother getting one.
yeah i knew which pipe u were using, but what is nitrohead using?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 PM
CBM Racing

With the amount of fuel you have through it, I say go for 20-25% and see what it does! If it gives up rebuild and remod and your good to go. What all have you modded on it, just the ports, or crank and timing to?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
rshooch

you should be ok on the 25% just may need to rebuild a little sooner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.