Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

hyper gpx 4 pro kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
krisalmill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper gpx 4 pro kit

i have a hyper gpx pro kit comming i won it on ebay brand new i think it dosnt come with a engine im new to on road any setup info would be awsome thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
RCUSEE

Default RE: hyper gpx 4 pro kit

how much did you pay and for what you like to use it ?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
krisalmill

100.00 my goal is to build it to be race worthy
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
ferrarimk13

then you should go with a pretty decent engine, 3 of my choices that are under $200 are the ofna JL-R red dot, the O.S. 12TZ, and if you want a cheaper racer go with the O.S. 12TG, id say the TZ is the best of those three, but some might disagree and say the Ofna is. If you really want it to be the best it can be, go with a carbon fiber upper deck for about 30 bucks, and good luck with it!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
GYNAIKAS

The .12 tz is a very nice buy for its money...I'd say go for it.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 PM
CBM Racing

It's a very good buy if it is new or even slightly used. I would set it up as described in instructions and then make changes as needed to suit conditions. My rtr was very close to dialed out of the box, I am using 50,000 wt. oil in front diffs and 10,000 in rear. 1 and a half degrees toe in in back with -1 1/2 camber, front is 2 degrees toe out and -1 camber. 28mm foams fr and rear, ride height about 1-1.5mm lower in front(varies with tire wear). In front about 3mm of droop and downstops set so it doesn't bottom out and same in rear. Used 1 small spacer in front of upper control arm and the other2 in back of upper front control arm(confusing, but you will see what I mean when you build it). Using stock mounting positions for shocks. Using a jr z590m steering servo, and stock servo for throttle and breaks with a jr xs3 transmitter and reciever. I use -45% expo on steering and none on throttle to smooth out steering inputs. Was kinda happy with hyper 12 pullstart, but am blown away with ninja mr12t01a. Any of the mentioned engines would be very awsome indeed, especially the jlr red dot. If not a lot of money for engine, the hyper 12 pullstart version is under 90.00 brand new and is very reliable and easy to tune. All for now!