RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Himoto Rapida (new to this)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:36 AM
SilentImpact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himoto Rapida (new to this)

hello everyone,

im new to the rc world..umm my first car that i bought is a Himoto rapida 1/10 Scale wit a .18 Vertex engine.i am kinda having problems with it like some loose screws here and there but nothing to big.at the moment,my I believe its called a clutch spring broke,so i took it to the hobby shop they gave me some more springs but i just broke another one. and the first one that broke,i didnt know it broke so i was still kinda driving it so like the clutch bell now has little Knicks in it. and the black gear that it makes contact with,also has little knicks.umm.i was reading around these forums before i decided to join, and i saw someone named Ehroof posted at this guys, i guess he got the same exact car as me and the Ehroof said that "hpi 17 tooth cluch bell and a traxxas 4146x clutch spring" are good choices.i was going to buy parts from the actual Himoto website but i was just looking for other places to buy from.i think that imma get these 2 things and see how it works.does anyone have any input on these cars? i got mine online for like 200 somethin wit shipping.like i feel that ive put more time trying to fix the little things that go wrong with it if it isnt the spring,its the gaskets,screw got loose,dying out randomly.im feeling like giving up on it.

anyone got any tips to keep it running smoothly? like how i said,im new to this whole nitro Rc car thing so any help is welcomed .thanks..
Old 10-19-2007, 09:07 AM
rshooch

Default RE: Himoto Rapida (new to this)

on all your metal to metal screws use loc-tight the blue color one. dont know about this car so i cant help you out with parts.... Dont know why you would be busten clutch springs....... just make sure you get a GOOD tune and no air leaks in ur fuel line, fuel tank,carb... other than that you should be good to go.. also I would put in a new plug and have a few extra.. This hobby has its highs and lows so dont give up on it yet it just sucks that your starting the hobby out on one of the lows... the pits in ur spur gear is just fron small rocks and crap..
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
GYNAIKAS

I haven't driven or maintained a rapida before so my knowledge about it is limited. The .18 vertex engine is the stock one for that car or it's a hop-up? Maybe the clutch spring breaks because the engine is more powerfull than it can handle...also the small "knicks" may cause the problem cause they force the clutch shoes to engage more instantly when the the shoe and the black gear you mentioned contact each other. Try a different clutch system and see what happens....
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
SilentImpact

well.i dunno either why the springs break so easily.i honestly thought that it was something that should happen alot,but not as much as its been happening.maybe every few weeks or acouple of months..i dunno though.i was going to get those parts but i think im going to get parts from the himoto site and then see how it works after.also like..when ur tuning the engine,is there like any place the Throttle Needle has to be set? the needle that lets the gas come in more or less.cause also im still trying to like tune it right.like how i said im new to all of this..

also thanks rshooch and GYNAIKAS for the advice.i really appreciate it.imma go buy some loc-tight.

anyone know where to just get springs for the clutch?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
decompetencia

Hi I have a Rapida PRO

I am racing i my country agaisnt Kyosho and TC3 and they are beating me, can I change my engine, can I install a Nova engine, how can i do it
Please help me thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 12:05 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

SilentImpack I don't know anything about your car but I have a vertex 18.The vertex is a good motor actually not the most powerful but decient.Run your low speed needle flush with collar and try your hs needle at 3 from closed.This should be close also use 20% with this motor.Make sure air filter is clean and oiled,also cheak glow plug.Ehroof hangs out at the Himoto forum so look there,he's the big wig and a cool dude for sure.Post over there and he will hook you up.Good luck and burn nitro.