Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

need advice and have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice and have questions.

i am getting a big bonus like i get every year from my work and im looking to buy an onroad nitro car. i want PURE speed with good handling. i will have december 2nd 2500 to or alittlel ess to spend.

anyways i am looking for speed like it sais and i will take kits or RTR's I DO NOT want Traxxas so the 4-tec or jato is out of the question. i would also like links to the cars your recommend. i am still new to the nitro thing and i do own an xtm x-cellerator ST and now a savage 4.6 big block MT but am not looking for a newbie car.

thanks

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************

i came across this website while looking for fast nitro rc cars and they have these cars listed on there site as 75MPH out of the box. how true is this?

http://www.trendtimes.com/nitrorccars.html

1st car: http://www.trendtimes.com/porsche-gt3-rc-car.html

2nd car: http://www.trendtimes.com/subaru-wrx-nitro-rc-car.html

3rd car: http://www.trendtimes.com/bmw-320i-rc-car.html

sounds way 2 good 2 be true
Old 10-25-2007, 12:52 PM
DIABLOTAC78

Default RE: need advice and have questions.

go with [link=http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php?partNo=10256&lang=en]RS4 3 18SS nitro touring car[/link] you will enjoy building the kit . and hpi parts is easy to find.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Anthoop

Do you require a car for racing on a track or "bashing"?Or do you wish for (as you put it) pure speed and handling comes second...would you be prepared to buy a fast car and modify it to handle or buy a track car that you could make fast....give us a bit more info please.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:34 PM
GYNAIKAS

budjet up to $2500, not a newbie, you need both speed and handling, you don't care if it is an RTR or a Kit...well get the EVOLVA wc edition with the STI Sirio .21 collari on. There's nothing that corners faster than it and it's also capable of 80mph+. http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=100243 Or something cheaper (1:10 scale) like an NT1 or v-one RRR.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 PM
DIABLOTAC78

you call nt1 cheap i cant believe you man the kit cost like 500€ just the kit ... i spend 1500€ for my nt1 . i said go with hpi thats it .....
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: DIABLOTAC78

you call nt1 cheap i cant believe you man the kit cost like 500€ just the kit ... i spend 1500€ for my nt1 . i said go with hpi thats it .....
Relax!You think I had payed less for my RRR? LOL I mean cheaper than the evolva...and he has up to $2500 to spend so yes it's one of the "cheaper" choices!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Pillbots

Its alittle misleading to say that the Evolva is the best car, granted its a good car but until you get to a really high skill level its more down to the driving of the car and the setup. You wouldn't want to drive that car outside of a track anyway, becacuse the belts won't last that long and its just not safe.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
GYNAIKAS

Well It's the car that won the world championship. I don't know if it's indeed the best one out there but that's a reference point for me. When I drove that car it was more like fighting with chaeron than driving on track...It's so damn fast!!! Like all 1:8 racers are. It's driving though is easier than the 1:12 electric racers I can say. And of course such a car is not for parking lots. It's ok to run on an extremely clean parking lot somethimes but belts are very vulnerable to small rocks and dust. Do you still think that I mislead anyone? [8D]
Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 PM
DIABLOTAC78

lol ... i am relax . FP 4LC4PON3 you can also go with the baja 5b gasser .... 45 min run time with one tank lol im getting one also
Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Pillbots

If you left it at your first post, yeah

I don't agree with your method of deciding which car is best though, it depends too much on the driver and setup for there to be any definitive answer to the question 'which one is best'.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:50 PM
GYNAIKAS

Well I personaly find the evolva best cause I'm used to it and I definately drive it faster than any other. In that thread when I say EVOLVA i mean any other similar car of the same type. What's practicly best for me may not be the best for you...I agree on that.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Anthoop

Oi....you three....pillbots,diablota and gynaikas....stop your arguing and wait for the op to reply....please!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Anthoop

LOL....perhaps we should start a "debate forum" for you guys to battle it out!!!!Eh?
Old 10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
GYNAIKAS

Sorry...[&:]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Pillbots

I was just starting to like this thread aswell...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Anthoop

I know....but guys....come on,how many post's have we had here?......The OP obviously went to some trouble with links and all and here we are just talking randomly about allsorts (me included)......so let's wait for him to sign in and give his....er opinion on what we've said eh!?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:41 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

i work 3-11 so i am now on, on my break. i havent really got to read your posts too much but i will tonight when i get home. i am looking for pure sppeed for a HUGE parking lot where i work and run my cars most of the day everyday. i have 2 trucks one MT and one Stadium truck that i run here also cause they got alot of dirt area's with many jumps and stuff.

im looking for speed first and handling second. i can modify handling if i need to. i dont really have a budget. i can spend over 2500 if i want to that was my starting price. maximum id like to stay under 6000 wich i am not going to spend 6000 on an rc car. i dont think alot of people would. 2500 or less sounds good to me.

id like a kit so recommend me a nice kit and engine and radio and so fourth please. links would also help.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:23 AM
DIABLOTAC78

a shaft driven not belt driven car cause you said you run on a dirty parking lot and a lot of bumps . i suggest kyosho fw or hpi rs4. but check out also the kyosho rally game its 1/8 its good in dirty and bumpy surface and it has a higher ground clearance than the fw and rs4. then again its up to you whatever you like .
Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 AM
GYNAIKAS

6000??? With 6000 you not only get an EVOLVA, you also get Mr Lamberto Collari to drive it for you...LMAO!!! The only cars that can go so fast stock without any important modifications are the EVOLVA, mugen MRX4, Sperpent 960 and the Proceed. You can mount a super-engine (like a racing modified .21 from Sirio, Ninja or Novarossi)on it using an extremely long gearing, and go to 100mph easily. The handling of these cars is the best there can be in RC world. So you have money...get 3-4 sets of extra belts (in case you damage them when running in parking lots) and scare the ***** out of the car!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:23 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

ok i gotta clear this up alittle. the parking lot has no dirt on it. it is a smooth surface. where i work is like in the country abit so theres alot of woods around the area where i run my trucks. im still new to the nitro thing and getting things tuned. i am not knew to the rc world. i own 5 electric touring cars, 1 electric truck and i own a nitro mt and stadium truck.

like i said i have money i am not going to spend 6000 or even more then that. i think 2500 or less sounds good to me.

what evolva do you recommend? i looked at them and there pretty cheap.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:50 AM
GYNAIKAS

Get the wc edition...it has more durable titanium arm mounting positions and many other "goodies" on. There's no need to spend more than an EVOLVA/Serpent/mugen would cost. Just get a really fast engine for it. Get a racing .21 from either sirio,novarossi or ninja (all that I mentioned produce approx. up to 50k rpm when modified!!!)like I said and pay for inner engine modification if that's possible. Get the longest gearing available for the car and you're good to go.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:54 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

what do you mean by long gearing? and what website has the best prices on these cars?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 AM
DIABLOTAC78

i think he means more teeths on the gear....
Old 10-26-2007, 08:05 AM
GYNAIKAS

Well I don't know any website ecxept from towerhobbies...by "long/wide" gearing I mean a lower ratio between the bell gears and the transmition gears. In that case you sacrifise some acceleration in order to achieve higher top end (top speed).

EDIT: Try the towerhobbies search..i think they sell such cars.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:06 AM
vic88my

Hi, I am victor. I am also in the process choosing which nitro car to buy.

Now as discussed previosly, the main problem is ground clearance !!!

If we race the Evolva at parking lot ( there sometimes must have some small bulges on the road, etc or small pebbles which are
unavoidable to be at even the newly made parking lot or new road), then, ground clearance is the biggest issue !!

That hold me back greatly.

Now, can we raise the ground clearance of the 1/8 on road eg serpent 960, evolva etc ?

I think the minimum ground clearance of 12mm is a must to save the car from frequent repairs from
sudden fly off, scratches under chassis, broken parts result from bumping the pebbles, small stones, etc.

There is a product called XR80 / XR8 by power racing which costs only USD350.00 RTR, which is 3 times cheaper than

other brands !!! Anyone tried out yet ? I read from forum that the quality is quite ok ? But, I never tried out and

wish to ask you all opinions ?

In fact, do you know that Evolva and Serpent 960 are overpriced ?

It is due to a market mechanism of monopoly and oligopoly that the supplier set such a high price to get a very good and high
profit margin !!!

and, everyone who is too obsessed with the product are willing to pay more without logical mindset.

Yes, it thus become the rich man toy but to those poor people, they only have a chance to watch them playing.

Perfect competition is the only way to get better and more reasonably priced products.

don't fall into the traps of blind obsession that favoured those manufacturers mentioned, driving the market for

Serpent 960 and Evolva to a unrealistically high price.

Victor,
Chartered Accountant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.