Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

has anyone assembled a gpx 4 pro pcr kit please help

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

has anyone assembled a gpx 4 pro pcr kit please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:47 AM
krisalmill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone assembled a gpx 4 pro pcr kit please help

I recently bought myself my first on road car ive assembled quite a few cars and stadium trucks but, this on road stuff is all dutch to me.ive got questions and no one in my area is familiar with the car.(I live in wv ) my first question is about step two the silicone oil please help and thanks a million to all that do id love to see some pics
Old 10-27-2007, 10:53 AM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: has anyone assembled a gpx 4 pro pcr kit please help

I tried to download the instrucions manual but I failed to. I've never built one but if if you describe the problem more clearly I might be able to help you.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 AM
DIABLOTAC78

here you go gynaika [link=http://www.hobao-racing.com/downloads/manual/GPX4_Pro_Instruction_Manual.pdf]gpx4 pro manual[/link]
Old 10-27-2007, 11:30 AM
krisalmill

it is were i am assembling the rear diff it says to use silicone oil (hard) i assume it is a diif oil but im not sure what weight on road is very new to me and i havnt assembled a kit in 10 years so i keep second guessing myself. also ithink it 200 not a 190 body is this correct i think besides paul coleman im the only one with this kit
Old 10-27-2007, 11:37 AM
krisalmill

and how much of the silicone oil do i add it dosnt tell me either one
Old 10-27-2007, 11:51 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: krisalmill

and how much of the silicone oil do i add it dosnt tell me either one
Well you completely fill it and then you close it tight again. Since it's a racer I'd reccomend 20k-30k rear and 60k-70k front (10.000 oil and above that is concidered as "hard" oil and it can't be used in the shocks, only in the differentials).

PS) Special thanks to DIABLOTAC78 for the manual's link.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:22 PM
krisalmill

thanks you cleared that up for me. is on road more popular in europe or us
Old 10-27-2007, 12:51 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: krisalmill

thanks you cleared that up for me. is on road more popular in europe or us
well I dont know about it but I'm glad I helped...
Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Cypriot Boy

I think is more popular in europe than the US. and no you are not the only one with a GPX4 Pro. i have one and other people in this forums too.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 PM
CBM Racing

I have the rtr version with upgraded motor and electronics. Not the same but very similar. I am using 10,000wt in rear and 50,000wt in front with really good results so far. I will help as much as I can if you have more questions.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 PM
CBM Racing

I also have question, does anyone know if carbon fiber radio tray fits the rtr version? Websites say not all parts fit rtr but don't which ones do and don't! Am going to order c/f front and rear shock stays and al.rear brace left also some spare parts and such, but need to know asap if radio tray fits directly or if I need other parts like the radio mounting kit or fuel tank etc. etc.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Cypriot Boy

No the radio tray will not fit in the RTR version too. the only compatible things are the carbon fiber front,rear tower and the bumper holder. to fit the carbon fiber main deck you will need many things to convert.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
CBM Racing

Nuts. Thanks for info though, I may convert to pro specs over winter. I looked at some sites for parts and after looking at all the options will need quite a bit like new chassis, 2 speed shaft, middle shaft+mount, radio tray+mounting parts, f/r shock mounts, fuel tank... Looks like a good winter project!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
GYNAIKAS

Just be patient. In my place they say "Good things need time..."
Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 PM
IAMKAOS

i live in east central florida usa and unfortunely on-road has lost it's popularity here. our 3 local h.s.'s only sell one on-road car and that is 4-tec's. earlier i mentioned in another forum i cannot even get foam tires anymore. but!...if you went to south florida or the orlando area it would be a a whole different story.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:34 AM
GYNAIKAS

It's up to you...If you gather all the on-roaders in your area and make a mini show on-road cars will become popular again...that's what we did in Patras long ago...there were only 8 annual entries at the club's official event and now there are over 50 in 3 different on-road race types!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
krisalmill

i decided to put my gpx together last night. i am pleased with the set up and parts quality but i ran into a wall . one of my bags of parts is missing. i put the box on my bench and opened it so i know i didnt lose it unless there is a black hole on my bench. i emailed ofna no response yet has anyone experienced with there kit.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
GYNAIKAS

Are you sure that the bag you mentioned is not of another version? I don't think that ofna would do such a mistake...try contacting the local rc shop you bought it from.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:41 PM
krisalmill

i actually won the kit from ofna on a auction from ofna im thinkin someone in the office needed a part. im missing rear pivot ball , rear axles , rear arms, pivot ball nut etc . i would blame myself but i opened it on my bench last night and assembled it untill i got to the rear end. the one complaint i had with this kit was there was no list telling of what parts you had and how many bags. so far i am very pleased with the quality of the parts its been 10 years since ive assembled a car and i miss it i love to build. too bad were seperated by a ocean we could get together to burn some fuel have a good one G
Old 10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
GYNAIKAS

You won it???[X(] Lucky you dude! I'd say you should contact the office and then the ofna and order the parts...! I also love building kits...! And think it would be great if I had you nearby to drive you to the local track to meet the other rc maniacs and practice on track together! I think that in this hobby more drivers = more fun!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 PM
CBM Racing

The more the merrier! I have seen other people ask in other forums about missing parts and they all turned up somewhere in the box. I guess many gpx4 kits have parts kind of jumbled around and parts mixed(front pulley in rear diff bag...), but they usually are mixed in somewhere in the box. This mixing of parts in the wrong bags is quite common with this model so keep looking and don't give up. The good thing is if bad comes to worse, the parts are all very reasonably priced. The season is done here so next month project road rage begins! I like to build to, wish I had gotten the pro kit version. Keep us posted and put up some pics if you could.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
krisalmill

i found em one of my smatass friends thought he was being funny. im glad i wasnt rude to ofna i had to call em back wich they were very cool about they said it did happen but usually only in situations like mine. they were gonna send me out new anyways car is built i need a engine i deff want to go outlaw as big as i can go anyone gone above a .12 on a gpx4 i ordered a gpx4 rtr for my girlfriend so i want mine faster aalot faster
Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 AM
GYNAIKAS

LMAO!!! I would have killed him If I were you!!!! You can go outlaw with the TZ but since that car is a lightweight racer, a competition .12 can move it faster than the TZ...keep that in mind.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 PM
krisalmill

honestly it was very funny, i was gonna ask that but, will i have to spend 500.00 600.00 to get a engine of that quality ? i do wanna build something like a renault with a blown V8 but i want it to handle like a porsche that probably dosnt make a lot of sense to alot of people but, thats just me. what method of setup do you prefer do you use a table or a jig. i see thewre is alot more attention that needs to be given to the suspension setup.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 PM
GYNAIKAS

I use a table but jig is a bit more precice. There's no need for you to get the best .12 engine out there!!! There are 3 categories of .12 engines.

1)Extreme performance .12 engines like Siro 5-port STI, RB V12 turbo, Ninja...etc
2)High performance .12 engines like the Sirio EVO 3port, Rb matrix...etc
3)Simple .12 track engines like .12tz, HPI pro 12R XS...etc

I'd say for the sirio EVO 3port. It's the most powerful .12 engine for its money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.