What RC Nitro Car Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:54 AM
rolly16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What RC Nitro Car Should I Get?

Hey,

I'm new to RC Nitro Cars and have recently found an interetst in them. xD

I have a price range of under 400 dollars.

Im looking for a car with decent speed (over 60mph or 100kph) and durability.

I found a Traaxas 4-Tec 3.3 for just under 400 dollars. Most people find it crap so im pretty unsure about what i should get.

And advice?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:00 AM
mattayl

Default RE: What RC Nitro Car Should I Get?

hey, so is $400 your absolute maximum or could you add a little bit more money into it?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:01 AM
rolly16

Um maybe.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:07 AM
mattayl

ok ummmm, well i know someone who would be a really good help, im brand new to nitro racing aswell and he helped me get my first car kit and radio accept i had abit more money to spend as i put together present money + work money etc. but there is a rtr(ready to run) kit from a store here in sydney which will deliver it for roughly $10-15 and its only $375 reduced from $500 so thats a pretty good bargain if you want to look at it, heres the link:

http://www.*********.com.au/store/pr...5360998e019415

and heres the link to the official website where the car is:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/10001.html

but yeah wait for a guy whos user name is "GYNAIKAS" to answer the question he will be able to help you way more than i can but thats just my suggestion cause its cheap, on sale, its a good durable car and easy to find hop ups and spare parts for
Old 10-30-2007, 03:50 AM
rolly16

Thx for the help m8.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:22 AM
will13

team magic g4s rtr + sarter-box if its in your price range so hope this helps
Old 10-30-2007, 05:51 AM
GYNAIKAS

Since you're new to nitro cars get an RS4 EVO+ or an NTC3...or an 18ss if building the kit is not a problem for you. I wouldn't recomend the 4tec and g4s (like all the pure racers) is 100% out of your money range.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Osirisf16

ORIGINAL: rolly16

Hey,

I'm new to RC Nitro Cars and have recently found an interetst in them. xD

I have a price range of under 400 dollars.

Im looking for a car with decent speed (over 60mph or 100kph) and durability.

I found a Traaxas 4-Tec 3.3 for just under 400 dollars. Most people find it crap so im pretty unsure about what i should get.

And advice?

I'm not sure man. With that kind of money, only the RS4 EVO and NTC3 are for you. I would reccomend you the G4S of Team Magic, since is VERY VERY famous in my country (island ). You said also, that you are beginner. Look, that with the beginners, on RC Drivers category, i don't reccomend something cheap. My first RC car was a Kyosho Inferno MP777 that cost me about 1200 Dollars and about 300 dollars for a starter box etc. DON'T GO FOR THE TRAXXAS 4-TEC, i mean, you goin to hate it. I don't know what type of guy you are, but the 4_tec for me, IS A COMPLETELY DISGRASE. Sorry for that Traxxas funs. Is just the truth. A friend of mine bought it. On the 2nd week, he threw it to rubbish .

As a beginner, i reccomend you (and is for sure out of your limit), the G4S Team Magic, OR...Kyosho's Evolva but this is just a dream, RIGHT GYNAIKAS??
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 AM
GYNAIKAS

Evolva for a beginner???[X(] OMG...even the last time I run it it was like fighting with chaeron!!!! That thing needs SKIIIIILLLL...!!! (There's never been a race for me (with the EVOLVA) without getting off the track 1-2 times LOL!!!!) G4s too...It's too fast for beginners...I also concider the outlaw RS4s (18ss,EVO+) more than a beginner needs...I've met people who started with kyosho alpha, fazer and other cars like them. I believe that an RS4 or NTC3 is the best choice. They are shaft driven so bashing is not a problem but they are VERY agile on track too...If modified, they make even faster laps!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Cypriot Boy

If you will be racing or going down the track then a HoBao/Ofna GPX4 RTR is for you and i am almost sure that it can handle better than the RS4 in the track.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:05 PM
GYNAIKAS

Stock it handles better yes...but I haven't seen one runnign against any modified RS4 so I can't say...but it's belt driven though.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
drive.hard-go.pro

E if you compare a modified rs4 with a modified gpx4(gpx4 pro) then the rs4 will be buried 10 metres under the ground from the gpx4's smoke...
Old 10-30-2007, 05:33 PM
GYNAIKAS

Probably yes but I believe that there are more hop ups for the RS4 than the gpx4. And you cannot bash with the gpx4 as with the RS4. If someone decides to go seriously on track then the right choice is on of the following: NT1, RRR, MTX4, G4S. If you want both bashing and racing then the right choice is between an RS4, NTC3, FW-05. If you need pure bashing then go for an either an inferno GT, Fazer or Alpha. The exception is the FW-RR that bashes better than gpx4 and when on track, gpx4 is the one buried 10 metres under the ground from the FW-RR's smoke.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:25 PM
IAMKAOS

those are the older evo's. the new evo "plus" has .18 engine and is much quicker.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
CBM Racing

I would also suggest seeing what your local hobby shop stocks the most parts for. I would go with whatever they support the best parts wise. If that isn't really a concern, then decide if your running in very clean areas(tracks) or if your going to run in parkinglots and the like. I bought a rs43 evo 2 yrs ago to get back into onroad, and then when started racing again got it handed to me. It does well for offtrack and playing with friends, but with many upgrades it still doesn't compete all that well. I bought a gpx4 rtr not long ago, and now I wish I hadn't bought the rs43. It's up to you, but I haven't seen any negative posts on any forums about gpx4, and it's cheaper too.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 AM
rolly16

Thx Everyone for teh advice.

Really helped. I didnt realize that the 4 tec 3.3 was really that crap.

Thx again anywayz
Old 10-31-2007, 07:53 AM
GYNAIKAS

RS4 18ss is 10 times better than the RS4 nitro 2. If you get harder springs,sway bars, foams and racing pipe and adjust the angles of the 18ss properly you can easily compete against stock gpx4 rtrs anytime.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
drive.hard-go.pro

yes but if you spend the same amount of money for hop ups on the gpx4 .... then goodnight rs4!!!!

Man, it comes with NON-adjustable springs!!!!! and by the way if you just change the arms, spring and steering linkages it becomes a nitro mt2!!! This is NOT to be considered a serious nitro car!!!! My LHS guy used the GPX4 when HE was a beginner!! which is 4 years ago.... and it has anti-roll bars, adjustable springs, camber and toe angles.... the only thing missing is a good engine BUT with $100 you get a nice SH engine and the thing is screaming!!!! Also about the fact that there are more hopups available for rs4 is because it comes with lower quality parts but the gpx4 comes with much more features which I stated above! By upgrading the gpx4 you can compete against a Team Magic G4S!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:24 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: drive.hard-go.pro

yes but if you spend the same amount of money for hop ups on the gpx4 .... then goodnight rs4!!!!

Man, it comes with NON-adjustable springs!!!!! and by the way if you just change the arms, spring and steering linkages it becomes a nitro mt2!!! This is NOT to be considered a serious nitro car!!!! My LHS guy used the GPX4 when HE was a beginner!! which is 4 years ago.... and it has anti-roll bars, adjustable springs, camber and toe angles.... the only thing missing is a good engine BUT with $100 you get a nice SH engine and the thing is screaming!!!!
Well what hop ups for gs4?? It has all the hopups when stock except from carbon fiber parts. From what you say I'm afraid you have no idea of how the 18ss works. It's shocks are adjusting by adding shims and that's on purpose cause not everyone can afford an adjusting table. It has every single adjustment you mentioned but it is done by installing different parts for different degrees (rear toe and caster). And there are turnbuckles for front/rear camber and front toe adjustment. Not to mention that HPI makes adjustable springs that gpx4 can't even imagine. You can make an RS4 performing like a gpx4 on track but you can't make a gpx4 performing like an RS4 off track...that's what I'm trying to say.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:37 AM
drive.hard-go.pro

what i get to say is that the shaft driven cars loose 10-15% of the engine power because of the shafts friction!!! The Hobao GPX4 handles much better in the street(i know what i am saying because i have bashed with it) AND in the track.... The Rs4 is for those who want to show off on OFF-ROAD conditions!!!! THEREFORE IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE RALLY CATEGORY AND NOT ON-ROAD CARS!!! AND THE GPX4 IS CHEAPER!!!!! but i think it could compete my subaru impreza i bought from deagostini.... they have the same features... done the same way.... and it can be converted to offroad by only 3 moves!!! LOL
Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 PM
IAMKAOS

i luv it. all these "what car should i get" post's always turn out like this
Old 10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: drive.hard-go.pro

what i get to say is that the shaft driven cars loose 10-15% of the engine power because of the shafts friction!!! The Hobao GPX4 handles much better in the street(i know what i am saying because i have bashed with it) AND in the track.... The Rs4 is for those who want to show off on OFF-ROAD conditions!!!! THEREFORE IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE RALLY CATEGORY AND NOT ON-ROAD CARS!!! AND THE GPX4 IS CHEAPER!!!!! but i think it could compete my subaru impreza i bought from deagostini.... they have the same features... done the same way.... and it can be converted to offroad by only 3 moves!!! LOL
Ok simply you don't know what you're saying...hey boy in case you don't know I've owned cars that you're not even capable of driving so I know how on road cars handle, the pros and the cons. Shaft driven cars have less friction Mr.Imagination...the live proof is that they roll better than the belt ones. Belts are better cause there's less spinning mass and they gain a bit in acceleraton. I remind you that an FW-RR can easly eat your gpx4 for breakfast...and it's shaft driven. And when running at parking lots? The gpx4 handles better? LMAO!!! You think that even with my RS4 it will be hard to beat you on track? I didin't want to get offensive but you made me get. So it's time for me to ask you 3 things: Do you know that the "crappy" RS4 has better material quality than your "hyper-racer"??? And can you tell me why none of the serious racers races with a gpx4??? Have you ever seen a modified RS4 running against a gpx4 pro??? I've seen that and believe me the difference was not that great (gpx runs SLIGHTLY better laps so imagine that if you say that RS4 is crap then gpx4 is two times crap since it's belt driven, mid engine car and it hardly kills an RS4 on track!!!) Not to mention that 18ss is faster at straigh line...It has a more powerul and more reliable egine...! If you want a serious car neither gpx4 or RS4 are the ones...wake up!

PS) I don't give a ***** if RS4 is worse than gox4 or not...it's just your "style" that pissed me off.
PS2) (Greek) Re patriotaki amartia apo to theo pou me brizoses vradyatika...den eipa kati kako gia to amaxi sou alla to gpx4 den einai theos...ta xw dei kai ta xw odhghsei kai ta dyo...to gp strivei kalytera alla exw apo to kouti alla de ftiaxnetai...ade na valeis ena moter, ade mia in-line exatmish, ade kai carbon...ti allo? Ama deis pws trexei to diko mou tha katalaveis...kai den einai to pio grhgoro panw sthn pista mas. Sta open trexoume mazi me NT1, DEN plhsiazoume tous xronous tous men alla ta 18ss stekodai axioprepws sthn pista. Ama deis pws mpainei 18ss me swsta rythmismenh anarthsh, elathria kai adistreptikes den tha to pisteveis gia "shaft driven" amaxi.

EDIT: Does this suspenssion alignment and center of gravity look like from a "Deagostini" car??? [>:]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67531.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	794217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49035.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	794218  
Old 10-31-2007, 04:45 PM
mattayl

whooo go RS4, man they shred, just got one its soooo good, GET ONE!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 PM
ferrarimk13

hey there, screw all other websites, get from towerhobbies, here is the RS4 you are looking at for $310, which is a great price for the EVO+ http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXRSJ1**&P=ML
Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
GYNAIKAS

Yes towerhobbies has great prices...but he lives in Australia...I don't know what the taxes are there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.