Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

REALLY BADLY NEED HELP ONLY TAKE 1 MIN

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

REALLY BADLY NEED HELP ONLY TAKE 1 MIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
mattayl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY BADLY NEED HELP ONLY TAKE 1 MIN

NEED HELP badly. k well iv got my engine started yet i put it into idle and theres no smoke whats wrong and does that mean its running too rich or lean and which engine thing do i change and how much and which direction??
Old 11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: REALLY BADLY NEED HELP ONLY TAKE 1 MIN

yeah you really need to learn to use the search feature, read this over and over and over http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm
Old 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
mattayl

read it and it didnt help, all i need to know is, my car is a 18ss+ and i can get it to start and everything accept theres no smoke coming out of the exhaust its just spitting out a fluid and yeah its a reddish colour also when i take the glow ignitor off it shuts off the whole car, please can you help me. i have my high speed needle at 3 turns out from closed but it still aint working. and i havent touched my low speed needle yet cause it says not to. please help me
Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
CBM Racing

It is to rich still. For now lean only the high speed needle a little bit, 1/8-1/4 turn in. When it's running that rich it won't smoke hardly at all, it just spits out unburnt fuel and oil like you described. Keep trying though, before long you will get to know your engine and how to adjust it correctly. Like I said, lean it a little and try again untill you can get it to stay running without the glow igniter on it and go from there.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: mattayl

read it and it didnt help, all i need to know is, my car is a 18ss+ and i can get it to start and everything accept theres no smoke coming out of the exhaust its just spitting out a fluid and yeah its a reddish colour also when i take the glow ignitor off it shuts off the whole car, please can you help me. i have my high speed needle at 3 turns out from closed but it still aint working. and i havent touched my low speed needle yet cause it says not to. please help me
I do not always agree with Hpi Apollo but you would need to read his guide over and over and over again until you get it.. It is very hard to understand your problem unless you make a vid and post it.. There is a lot hearing that you need to do to the engine. You should have smoke coming out and a lot. What fuel are you using?? Is this a use or a new kit. You may want to check your glow plug or change it if it is bad. But do what hpi apollo say read the darn guide over and over until you understand. I was in your shoes not to long ago and I post almost the same question and apollo did the same thing to me about his post. But he is right do a search first and if you can not find it then ask..
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does sound to me (too ) that the low speed mixture needle is set too rich. Try turning it in 1/8 to 1/4 turn and let us know what happens.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:53 AM
mattayl

hey well yeah i got it running and it wasnt spitting massive amounts of liquid, like i couldnt see the smoke fully, cause it was a sorta darkish room and then when i held the car up to the light i could see a smoke trail coming out clearly, does that mean its set right? but also when i tip the car on its side still liquid comes out of the exhaust is this normal??
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM
GYNAIKAS

It means that you should open the high speed needle a bit. Do small steps of 1/8 of a turn anticlockwise each time and whatch how engine reacts. Gon't rich it to much cause engine will keep stalling every time. I would say that 1/4 of a turn anticlockwise should be ok.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welll...
What does the "liquid" look like? Is it like raw fuel or is it thicker, like just the oil left over after the fuel has burned? If it's really watery then it's raw fuel, and then it would be too rich.

If you get it running and tip the car slightly on it's side does a lot of spray/mist/droplets come splattering out of the pipe? If so, it's too rich....if not then you are getting closer to where it needs to be, just tweak it some more until you get it "just right"...

Just make your adjustments small ones, and test drive it carefully for a minute or so to clean it out and tweak it some more if necessary.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
GYNAIKAS

During break-in, the richer, the better. At least during static break in.