Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

"parts desk"..or.. "no stock order here"

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

"parts desk"..or.. "no stock order here"

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 AM
da mad maori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "parts desk"..or.. "no stock order here"

Howdy folks ive just moved over here from the rc gas boat section.... ive moved onto rc nitros now..
i brought a..."Hpi Nitro rs4 RTR3 evo+" (couldnt they think of a simple name?)

anyways after i ignored all to driving tips given to me by the hobby shop, i took it home, broke it in, fine tuned it then i was ready to see what it could do.... with in 3 seconds i broke the dogbone, steering arm ,head heatsink, wheel, diff joint, spurgears and a few other bits and peices..
i went to two hobby shops here in melbourne australia and gave them a list of parts i needed 12 in total.... guess how many they had in stock????? NONE...
why the heck do they have "parts" sections where they have heaps of parts hanging on the wall and out the back back they wont have the part YOU want...
they said some of the parts may take 3 weeks if they arent stocked....

so i found a good ebay shop in the USA they had all the parts....ALOT cheaper even after conversion and delivered in 6 days....wooohoooo

anyways thats my intoduction (learning curb) to nitro cars... you stack your car,.. your off the road for a week

but man these things a quick!!!!

Ryan
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Krashu

Default RE: "parts desk"..or.. "no stock order here"

The exact same in my hobby shop. They sell my exact car(although,i didn't buy it there) but they never have parts for it. I ordered a set of dogbones,they said it would take a week but after 3 weeks I called them and they said they didn't even order it. [:@]

Went to a hobby shop in Florida when I was on holiday and it had everything. It was amazing actually.

So I've decided to avoid hobby shops completely and just order off the internet,it works out cheaper anyway.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I am getting my first Nitro onroad shortly (NTC3 RTR+)... I am excited to try something new.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Krashu

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I am getting my first Nitro onroad shortly (NTC3 RTR+)... I am excited to try something new.

You'll definitely like the on road scene,it gets better when you start buying hop ups as well!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Beasley1

Thats what my hobby shop always says also. They say "we can order it." I tell them " we'll hell, so can I." lol. They get mad when I say that. Especially if there are people in the store.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
CBM Racing

Unfortunately the lhs is a dying breed due to the web, but on the plus side, parts are a whole lot cheaper online! Welcome to the nitro side of onroad! I really don't have any complaints about lhs's, just the lack of places to race locally! I am leaving in the morning to see friends and family south of here and I have my truck and trailer packed like I was off to the onroad worlds title! I have three onroad(not including mini)cars and they are the most fun next to kid and wife that I have ever had! Hope you all have the same fun I do!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:00 PM
ferrarimk13

my hobby store is a family run place, thats small but homey, and everyone knows your name, with all old airplanes in the ceiling, for a really small place they get me everything i want, and carry a lot of xray, hpi and hopups, but whatever else is ordered which comes in a week or so, which is fine, because my parents dont like using the internet, i dont mind though.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
da mad maori

if you get advice like
"take it slow to begin with"
or "aviod stones"
or "dont get cocky"

dont ignore them LOL... there seems to be a real art to driving these things...
ive always tryed to avoid nitro (im a rc gas boat nut) due to all the appareal you need just to start the dam things...
but if ya source good reliable suppliers and learn how long youl get out of a 1liter bottle of gas, how long an igniter will last on one charge.. then its realy not that bad...

ill be ordering all parts on the net now (excluding gas) which is another thing ive tried to aviod
seems face to face transactions are phasing out very quickly...your plans could easily be destroyed coz some idiot in the shop says..."oh i forgot to order it"

RE hop ups? ..im just gunna learn how to keep the thing on the road first.... via suspention and driving skills THEN ill look at getting more power

Ryan