Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

which way do i turn the idle screw

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

which way do i turn the idle screw

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:38 PM
TOMLANE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which way do i turn the idle screw

which way do i turn the idle screw so it will idle on my acme cyclone?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:09 PM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: which way do i turn the idle screw

ORIGINAL: TOMLANE

which way do i turn the idle screw so it will idle on my acme cyclone?
If you mean the idle mixture screw, turning it clockwise will lean it out. If you mean the throttle stop screw (the one on the front of the carb with the spring around it), turning it clockwise will hold the carb barrel further open.

A good starting point is wherever the manual says to set it. With the weather where I am in Aus (average of 20+ degrees celcius), the factory settings are always too rich. Not sure about where you are though. Either way, if it's too rich (if it runs for a while and slowly loads up and dies), turn it clockwise 1/8th of a turn at a time and keep trying.

Did this thing come with an engine manual at all? If so, you really should spend the time reading it. If not, you should see if you can download one.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:18 PM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just been trying to find some info/specs on this 'Acme Cyclone' that you've got, but I'm coming up short on engine details. Does yours have the Team Infinity 15S engine? If so, I'm not sure it even *has* an idle mixture screw. From the photos, it looks like it's just got a throttle stop screw. If that's the case, just turn the throttle stop screw in far enough so your engine stays running.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Itsme7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the idle screw, turn it in to increase idle speed, and turn out to lower idle.