Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

rs4 3 evo+ drift setup any help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
therodu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rs4 3 evo+ drift setup any help?

I want to buy the stage d conversion but i hear that doesnt really matter if you actuall do the right mods to your car. Ive tried the electrical tape around the tires, yeah that doesnt work at all. Im wondering if anyone knows how to set it up to drift. Does drift tires really make that big of a difference.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Cypriot Boy

Default RE: rs4 3 evo+ drift setup any help?

well a suggestion would be to have no fluids on the front diff and lock the rear....
Old 07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
one-syk

buy some HPI drift tires, stiffen up the suspension a little, make extra cooling holes in the body (side window's) to keep the nitro engine cool while reving, and going sideway's.

i used to have a front 1 way diff....you might want to try one of those out.

i was pretty big into nitro drifting years ago, and im just now getting back into it.

i will be buying a RS4 3 evo+ to drift/bash with.

its all in the tires, suspension, and learning throttle/steering control....get some tires, tweak the suspension...start drifting...make changes to suit your need's.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
one-syk

forgot to add:

adjust the camber if necessary also...adjusting the front and rear camber will take away traction from harder compound tires on an awd car.

the stage d kit uses a single speed tran's....you could try messing with gearing or just locking out your 2nd gear for drifting.

iirc...i used to have a problem with losing control when rpm climbed and 2nd gear engaged.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 PM
slideyourride90

ORIGINAL: Cypriot Boy

well a suggestion would be to have no fluids on the front diff and lock the rear....
actually its quite the opposite run a solid locked and heavy fluid in the rear use a hpi a compound drift slicks and tighten the 2 speed set screw till it doesnt shift anymore, run a soft springs all around the car front softer then the rears. thats a good base set up.

just to warn you dont use wot 3/4 trottle the most \, because you can over rev your motor, and keep a good eye on your engine temp.

happy drifting
Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
CBM Racing

Also it helped mine to cut out a hollow spot in the foam bumper and stuck in a big hunk of lead. Sounds wierd, I know, but it really helped maintain control without spinning out. The tape worked great for me, did you put it on all 4 tires? It let me still have decent speed going straight, but then turning and hammer the power and it will drift great at high speeds as well as slow. Wish I could tell you how much weight I put in the front, had to be at least 4=6 ounces at least though. Good luck with your project!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
oneofakindtrini

you need the drift tires because regualar tires have to much grip and they would be hard to get to drift with because the engine will have to rev higher than nessicary.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
all-out

precisely
but i suggest that you get the falken drift edition from HPI
considering your runnign an evo+ they have more power
and the falkens give oyu better drift control at high speeds