Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Smallest 1.0MOD Spur Gears Being Made At The Moment???

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Smallest 1.0MOD Spur Gears Being Made At The Moment???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smallest 1.0MOD Spur Gears Being Made At The Moment???

Whats that smallest spur gears being made on the market lately???? ive bein useing the revo 34,36,and 38 plastic spur gears for the past few years for all my high speed needs but i was jsut wondering if MAYBE jsut MAYBE ive over looked any other company makeing smaller spurs, any one got any ideas??
Old 07-22-2008, 03:18 AM
PAPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smallest 1.0MOD Spur Gears Being Made At The Moment???

The revo gears are the smallest I know of. But you can have one custom made and since its only one it wont be that much money.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:24 AM
ziggy12345

13t as the root diameter of anything smaller is smaller than the clutch bell bearing

Cheers
Old 07-22-2008, 09:47 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: ziggy12345

13t as the root diameter of anything smaller is smaller than the clutch bell bearing

Cheers

Actually the smallest clutch bell made is 12T losi and a few other companies make it and it uses a standard bearing, BUT what im looking for is the smallest spur gears bein made right now, doesnt matter how makes it OR what brand i just need smaller spur gears
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
ziggy12345

Ah spur gears, I was thinking pinions

I am assuming you need it for a single speed car, as thats what you keep harping on about... LOL. The middle shaft is 6mm so the smallest available with a 6mm hole is a 15t from hpcgears.com but the engine would be too close to the spur so you need to have a bigger pinion. You can have a 36/36 gearing if you wanted to give you 1/1 from engine to car

Cheers
Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: ziggy12345 Ah spur gears, I was thinking pinions I am assuming you need it for a single speed car, as thats what you keep harping on about... LOL. The middle shaft is 6mm so the smallest available with a 6mm hole is a 15t from hpcgears.com but the engine would be too close to the spur so you need to have a bigger pinion. You can have a 36/36 gearing if you wanted to give you 1/1 from engine to car Cheers

im check that site when I get on my home computer. but I don't need something that low im lookin for something in the high 20s low 30s im experamenting new things and maybe a new chassis btw ii should have new videos soon iits bein a while since the last video
Old 07-22-2008, 06:32 PM
ferrarimk13

wow, 15t spur, you can have say a 22t pinion and that would be some gearing. Tough on the engine though.