Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NTC3 MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Hossbog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTC3 MOTOR

What is a good, but reasonable priced motor for the NTC3? Something faster than the RTR AE .15. Is there one that is a direct fit, and comes with mounts?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 AM
olkleaf

Default RE: NTC3 MOTOR

i think that the OS .18CV-R drops right in with out any modification or buying any extra stuff. but you will have to look on the OS web site and see which version will work best for you. its only $100, i think its a bargain.

I put the OS .18TZ-TX in to my NTC3 but i had to buy a couple of things to get it to work (this thing for the crank shaft and a rear exhaust pipe) but i didn't have to change the engine mounts i didn't even have to move them. but i don't know if you would like this engine becouse the street price is around $170 and with all the things you have to buy i ended up using $200. (i have pictures of the engine and my nct3 on my profile if you would like to see)
Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Hossbog

Could I use the same pipe? Or, what is a good tuned pipe that fits the O.S. So the CV-R is a drop in?
Old 07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Hossbog

I also need a rotary carb right? Anybody else have any suggestions?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
olkleaf

ORIGINAL: Hossbog

Could I use the same pipe? Or, what is a good tuned pipe that fits the O.S. So the CV-R is a drop in?
im preaty sure, the os 18. cv-r has a side exhaust ( [link=http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2104.html]cv-r[/link] ) i think this one will work the best for you but you will still have to buy a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBMD5&P=PU]cluch nut[/link] and you might have to trim the crank shaft a little ( i think they make them a little long so they will work for all cars) just like i had to for my tz. but that should be it. it should bolt right in to your existing mounts and exhaust. it also comes with am air filter too.