Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Picco JLR .12 red dot

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 AM
j8to33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco JLR .12 red dot

So, I want to get the picco .12 in my ntc3. I have heard that this is the baddest engine on the market. I do roar raceing with my ntc3 and I was thinking of sending the engine out to ab onece I get it and getting a stage 2 mod on it, I was wondering if that would be roar legal. Also how many gallons should I be expecting out of the engine? I take pretty good care of my engines.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:39 AM
ziggy12345

Default RE: Picco JLR .12 red dot

Hi

The JLR REd dot is the most powerfull .12 there is and AB mods do great work. It will be legal and very powerfull.

Cheers
Old 07-27-2008, 08:41 PM
CBM Racing

Default RE: Picco JLR .12 red dot

Great motors for a great price. I wouldn't even worry about modding it, just get it and learn to drive your car with it and see if you actually need more power to go faster, or if you just need to work on set-ups and skill. Just a word of advice though, if you haven't had a high revving 12 before, be prepared for tuning after breakin. When I got my ninja 12 some time ago, after breakin it scared me that it was to lean or was going to throw a rod! If your not new to tuning, it'll be a cinch, just watch for the usual signs of smoke and performance, but just be ready for the sound of super high rpms! Not kidding, I took close to half gallon of carefull breakin going easy before winding my ninja up, and it scarred me how fast it revved! Should last a long time if taken good care of, I have close to 8 gallons on my ninja and it is still stronger than ever, pinch is letting up some now, but still needs lawn tractor battery on starter box to get it going. Not sure if it is true or not, but have seen on here in the engines forum that the picco really needs a particular pipe to perform it's best, so maybe do a search on there to see. Good luck, and happy racing!