RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RS4 3 evo VS RS4 drift

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Car-Tune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RS4 3 evo VS RS4 drift

mattayl,
Can your car drift like this? (see video)........ http://hpiracing.com/videoplayer/3/

I bet NOT. You got that SLOW-MO WANNA BE Drifting, that tape on tires is not getting you anywhere.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Spetz

I wonder if the D box can be used as a "stability control" gadget on a normal race car?
Set it to super sensitive so that if you're track car starts to lose it, the D Box auto corrects the car
Old 09-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Car-Tune

Yes, I seen it on off road racing.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:38 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: C-Los

mattayl,
Can your car drift like this? (see video)........ http://hpiracing.com/videoplayer/3/

I bet NOT. You got that SLOW-MO WANNA BE Drifting, that tape on tires is not getting you anywhere.

So can you drift like that? Even with that car? Did you notice the low traction surface looking like asphalt? Well go on a dusty-asphalt parking lot with the stock EVO+ using x pattern tires and you will be drifting JUST like that!!! I've done it... and here's some drift using hardened foams on dusty asphalt...just in case you doubt about it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNlsK28dL4 look just the first 20secs...they prove that a non drifter car CAN drift like that!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 AM
CBM Racing

Man I'm telling ya, get the evo+! You will very soon want to go really fast. And it is a lot easier for the evo+ to go fast without crashing than the drifter. I also hear ya about the lst2, I have 1 also and it is a blast, but when I get on the pavement I like to be able to go fast AND drift! Mind you I'm not that great at drifting due to lack of practise, but good enough to make it fun. As for tape on the tires vs. drift tires, like I say, I got some yoke drift tires and they suck really bad, can't get over 5mph unless I have a long way to do it in. As for tape on tires not working, it sure beats the crappy drift tires when using nitro! With taped tires I can still go reasonably fast(20-40mph)and still initiate a drift at ANY speed by steering opposite way and then gunning it while turning the direction I want to slide in. The tape works on ANY type of tire for quick conversion to drifting, and with the hard drift tires, you cannot do ANYTHING to make them grip a little better so you can go a bit faster. I am sure there are much better tires for nitro drifting than these things, but being a trial and error guy, taped foams or slicks work great for drifting at higher speeds. If you can't go but 5mph while drifting with nitro, why bother? Also used some traxxas slicks and they worked ok for drifting but wear out way to fast. What tires are guys using for nitro drifting at faster than slo-mo? Cause on A good sized area going sideways at 5mph is booring as heck when you got lots of realestate to use. Tried pvc and the black stuff for drift rings and the result is the same-slo-mo boredom and it gets old fast if all you are doing is drifting at a walking pace. The taped tires works great for me, and many others when you want to go at a good clip and still be able to drift. Watched many many electric drifters and they all have one thing in common, snails pace. Not dissing electrics(I have one) but for nitro drifting, it is boring as all get out after 5 minutes of going that slow. Get the evo+, learn how it handles, then tape the wheels and drift at a decent speed and yoe will never be bored with it.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
p3t3rc

thanks for all the info guys. looking to pick up the evo+ around the 10th. im getting it for a bday present so ill have enough money to do hop ups.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
LST2kid

ok um what is the difference with the evo+ and the dirtf engine? does the drift have more acceleration? pls let me no...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Spetz

ORIGINAL: C-Los

Yes, I seen it on off road racing.
How effective was it?
Did it actually prevent the car from spinning out?
And could it keep the car going straight under full throttle without touching the steering?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: LST2kid

ok um what is the difference with the evo+ and the dirtf engine? does the drift have more acceleration? pls let me no...
Same engine and same acceleration.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Car-Tune

Spetz, I cant tell you how much more it can help but it does countersteer for you. But at full throtle, any can or truck can loose control.
Like in drifting, you cant give it full throtle on a drift, you have to control the throtle but not too much on the steering.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
jenfre

That thread make me want to try to tape my tire i tried abs tire and it is way to slow and the hpi drift tire like the one on the drfit 3 kit wear out to fast. Think i'll try to tape them soon !!

EVO 3 Rules !!!