Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

RS4 3 evo VS RS4 drift

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
LST2kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 3 evo VS RS4 drift

i just found out that the evo has 2 speed and it didnt say drift had it....yes, im getting either the drift or evo... and im mainly getting it to drift...so ppl say get the drift!but u no i LOVE speed and i thought that if i get evo and i just get sum drift tires it will do same performance but has a 2 speed... can u guys pls explain wats else is different from the evo and drift(besides the 2 speed and all the things under the body b in different places....)

TYVM
Old 09-01-2008, 07:56 PM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: RS4 3 evo VS RS4 drift

The difference is that the EVO with minor changes can drift more than fine and with minor upgrades can corner like a train on the track or parking lot! The drift version needs serious money in order to corner like the EVO...so get the EVO.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:12 PM
LST2kid

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

The difference is that the EVO with minor changes can drift more than fine and with minor upgrades can corner like a train on the track or parking lot! The drift version needs serious money in order to corner like the EVO...so get the EVO.
ya but.... i wanna stick with just stock untill sumthin brakes...i dont wanna spend anymore money than wat i need... so shuld i get the drift if im not gonna do all the upgrades and stuff? and eventually when the motor brakes ill get like the 18ss or sumthin... o shuld i do sumthin else?(mostly going for driftin but still need good speed)
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Doonagoowin

Mine was able to drift fine stock. Threw in an O.S. 18CV-RX and I can powerslide with foams.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:40 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: LST2kid

ya but.... i wanna stick with just stock untill sumthin brakes...i dont wanna spend anymore money than wat i need... so shuld i get the drift if im not gonna do all the upgrades and stuff? and eventually when the motor brakes ill get like the 18ss or sumthin... o shuld i do sumthin else?(mostly going for driftin but still need good speed)
mattayl had done a trick. He covered the wheels with tape and the car was drifting like on ice. Is that an expenssive upgrade to you??? So get the EVO.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
oneofakindtrini

ORIGINAL: Doonagoowin

Mine was able to drift fine stock. Threw in an O.S. 18CV-RX and I can powerslide with foams.
yo have a cv-rx. and you can powerslide with foams. i wonder what i can do when i get my 18tz.lol.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
LST2kid

ugh!
!!!
no 1 anwsered my question! whats difference between teh vo and drift besides 2 speed and everything on it in different places??
also what drifts better? the evo with drift tires(everythin stock!!!) or the drift with same drift tires as i wuld get the evo(STOCK AGAIN)
Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Doonagoowin

If you want to drift, get the drift set, because it's specifically designed for drift.
But we did answer your question. Reread the posts and you'll see that we opted for the Evo.
It drifts fine stock and you only need some tires, ABS or specific drift will be fine.
The reason we say the Evo is because you can set it up for drift and speed, just need to change the tires.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
GYNAIKAS

Exactly...2 cars in one. The drift version can drift and ONLY.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
p3t3rc

i had the same question on a different post but after reading this thread i believe ima go with the evo. 2 cars in one you cant beat that. haha thanks agian.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Car-Tune

The CHASSIS is different.

If you want to make your EVO into a drifter, it will cost you like buying a new car again.

Stage-D coversion kit $170
Stage-D drift chip $70
Stage-D rear exhaust $40
Sage-D drift wheels and tires $40
and you will need a different battery pack $30

Thats already $350 on top of your what you already paid for your car. But having all this will make you drift like a CHAMP. The drifts with this setup will give you long and fast speed drifts, not like others that use PVC pipe, that spins your tires too much and makes you drift in a slow motion and its boring. By the way, you dont need a big engine to drift.

Look at the pics in my file so you can see the difference, I have both cars in there, a high speed and a drifter.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
jenfre

My friends own a rs4 Drift and i own a rs4 Evo i can telle you i like my evo much more than his rs4 drift !! The EVO can do both drift and speed !! the gearing of the drift will resume in a low top speed !
Old 09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
p3t3rc

clos: in your opinion is it better drifting your evo or your drift? correct me if im wrong but seems like you upgraded your evo to drift right? let me know.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
CBM Racing

Wow, what a bunch of hooey! Just get the evo+, everyone says to, everyone that owns one says it drifts great, everyone that owns one says it is really fast, one guy says he has the evo and his friend has the drift version and prefers his more. What more do you need?. Just get the evo+ and you can have the best of both worlds! I have the evo(not evo+)and it is fine for speed runs and it drifts great with tape on the tires, so there ya go! On a side note, I recently bought a set of yokama (sp?) drift tires and they may be ok for electric slow motion drifting, but in the real world of nitro powered drifting they suck big time! It is almost impossible to go over 5mph with them and as mentioned above, slo-mo drifting sucks because of the boredom factor. I find that regular belted slicks or foams with electric tape wrapped on is a lot more fun as you can "slide your ride" at any speed, and still go fast enough to be exciting. Just get the daggum evo+ and be done with it! Then let us know how your drifting and speed is going.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Car-Tune

P3T3....drifting is better with the evo with the drift kit. I cant drift with the regular evo . Yes I bought me another evo and added all the drift kit parts to it.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
GYNAIKAS

EVO+ vs Drift RS4 at drifting -> Difference: small...drift RS4 drifts slightly better.
EVO+ vs Drift RS4 at grip (track/parking lot) -> Difference: HUGE!!! Drift RS4 doesn't corner without sliding and can't follow racing driving lines...not to mention the top speed and acceleration grip.

You need $50 maximum to make your EVO drift...you need $350+ to make the drift RS4 corner like a regular touring car. THE END.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
l0lzpl0x

nice way to put it gynaikss lol

i totaly agree drift is fun for a while but after ....

but with the drift you need a nice place to drift but on the evo you dont
Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM
p3t3rc

hey guys thanks for all the infomation. i made up my mind around post # 10 that i wanted the evo. and that is exactly what ima do. another question though. ive been trying to search for a non RTR version but i cannot find it. ive read a lot that it would better to build my own given that it is my first rc car and that it would give me a better understanding of the hobby. do you guys have any feedback on this topic? if so it would be appreciated.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:47 PM
LST2kid

well like gynakis said... the drift is better for drifting!!!!!!!!!!!! evo is good at drifting once u upgrade to like all the d stage ****... ok i said STOCK! so im going for the drift and btw ppl... u said that drifting gets boring?*** liek i said i have an LST2 so all i want and onroad is for drifting, idc about grip and turning... i want only drifting because if im not drifting, ill b jumpin wit my lst2... ok well TY for every ones help if sum 1 has sumthin to say to me that im rong bout sumthin, feel free to say PLS
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
LST2kid

1 more thing... doesnt the 2 speed on the evo screw up ur drifting sumtimes? so u culdnt really go to topspeed driftin like u do wit the drift
Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Spetz

Can I ask how old you are?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 PM
GYNAIKAS

1 more thing... doesnt the 2 speed on the evo screw up ur drifting sumtimes? so u culdnt really go to topspeed driftin like u do wit the drift
Nope...Once you tighten the screw a lot, 2nd gear change never comes to ruin your drift...!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 PM
LST2kid

Nope...Once you tighten the screw a lot, 2nd gear change never comes to ruin your drift...!
well um when u mean tighten the screw u mean like make it shift to second gear faster or slower?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Car-Tune

Try to keep 1st gear to last longer,meaning 2nd to shift at a high rpm. But watch you engine temp cus it will get hot cus theres not enough air runnin thru the engine. So on your cars body, cut out the side windows to allow air to flow to your engine scince you will be driving sideways most of the time
Old 09-05-2008, 04:10 AM
mattayl

hey man. as gynaikas said hahaha i put some tape on my rs4 3 18ss+ wheels and the thing drifted incredilby well for tape haha ill get drift tyres soon but for the time being i got no money so ill stay with the tape haha but yeh also u said u wanted to get a kit car so u can build it. me and gynaikas will swear by the HPI rs4 3 18ss+ its an incredible kit to build, really good car and also can be made to drift so its perfect. also though dnt listen to these guys bout havin to buy a stage d kit. with drift tyres and the correct shift point the drifitin will be perfect. u dont really need to get the d box or the d chip, its just like cheating really, it does all the driftin for u. go minimalist and do it the hard way, more fun

good luck man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.