Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Myth Busted!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:00 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myth Busted!!!!

I have heard for years that if you put a big block .21-28 in a Nitro TC-3 you would have torque steer problems . Brent and I both have big blocks in or TC-3's and mine tracks straight as an arrow and I am sure Brent can confirm this with his experences and video's of his nitro tc-3 right here on this website. Myth Busted
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Spetz

Default RE: Myth Busted!!!!

I don't really think torque steer is such an issue from the engine as it is from the center shaft in shaft driven cars

Anyway, I would think that considering the shaft spins opposite to the engine, you could always balance the engine out by using a heavier/light shaft
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 PM
nitrohead5300

Just stating the mid west rumor Just glad my car does not pull to one side!!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

I have heard for years that if you put a big block .21-28 in a Nitro TC-3 you would have torque steer problems . Brent and I both have big blocks in or TC-3's and mine tracks straight as an arrow and I am sure Brent can confirm this with his experences and video's of his nitro tc-3 right here on this website. Myth Busted

Sounds to me like u and nitrohead and brent are the only other guys on RCU besides me of course that know how ot porperly set up a car!!!!

LOLOL j/k guys!!! dont anyone take it personal just trying to get a few laughs!!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Brent Davis

lol. To be honest, I didn't do nothing fancy at all setting the NTC3 up. Just bolted the motor on and went. No weights added, no special shocks, nada. This also applies to my CD3 and it handles even better than mt NTC3 did because of the center trans design like a buggy. Nitro, now I'm glad somone else tried a big block in a "NTC3" and see that it indeed works just fine. I know miami and others have had big blocks in 1/10th scales before us but I've never seen them use the NTC3.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
nitrohead5300

I believe alot of our success can be credited to using extra wide tires for traction. This project has been so successful I am all fired up for my next project a modified TX.18 1/8 scale tires in a V1-RRR.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Brent Davis

I like those belt cars too but I don't see how I can get the 1/8th scale wheel/tires to fit inward like I want them to so that a 235mm body would fit. Yes the 1/8th scale foams also contribute a major help but I added them since the .21 was going to make tons more tq/hp than a .12 or .15 anyways. There's no replacement for displacement.

Nitro, man you gotta get some videos of your car running too and of course more pics of all the other projects.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 AM
nitrohead5300

Brent I am going to try to make a body for this latest project of mine . I made a vacuum forming machine along time ago in a materials and technique class I took in art school I hope I can remember how to reconstruct it. If I succeed then I can use one of the more popular bodies as a plug and make modifications to the rear end of the plug for the extra wide tires.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

lol. To be honest, I didn't do nothing fancy at all setting the NTC3 up. Just bolted the motor on and went. No weights added, no special shocks, nada. This also applies to my CD3 and it handles even better than mt NTC3 did because of the center trans design like a buggy. Nitro, now I'm glad somone else tried a big block in a "NTC3" and see that it indeed works just fine. I know miami and others have had big blocks in 1/10th scales before us but I've never seen them use the NTC3.

I started doing a big block NTC3 i was going to use a ninja 21 but half way threw the project i saw the chance to sell the car off as a rolling chassis for twice the amount i payed for it SO i sold it, rolling chassis i would like to pick on up one day

i was going to use foam super nitro wheels for a taller gear ratio

Old 09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Brent Davis

wow, well you never said that you had a big block NTC3 before. I just remembered the RS4 cars and such. How's the electric car doing? I won't say that I will never go to an electric car but man, the nitro stuff is just too fun and so real to me that I can't give it up. Especially listening to a .21 sing with a boat pipe.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
MiamizFinest

i never finished it, what u see there is as far as i got, i did have the boat pipe and was gonig to use a savage header everthing lined up nice, but when i got that offer i couldnt say no, i did drive it with a sirio 12 and it was a sweet drive

as far as the brushless TC4 its still whiping ass and takeing names, ive outrun every 100 plus mph rs4 in miami with it, the nitro cant compare with the way it accelerates litterally the nitro never comes close its such a huge diffrence it scares the hell out of me, the only reson i built it tho was becuase of how easy it was, nothing was custom everything was readly aviable at any local hobby shop which made it great in my book, when i first put it together with the FRIST set up i was geting 101 MPH on the first day and drove it, on the second day i got 105 MPH with taller gearing but could not go anyhigher since the motor was over heating and things where not working right, so at 105 MPH it stays not bad for a car i built in 3 or 4 days theres pics of it in the MIAMI thread if u ever wanna do one let me know
Old 09-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Brent Davis

I sure will get with if that be the case. Have you been to a drag race and seen the nitro cars yet? Don't get me wrong, the electrics are a beast in drag racing too since they have the record in extreme which allows them to run whatever cell count they want. The nitro engines can run whatever nitro % they want and engine size and so far, electric has been 1.28 seconds in 132' whereas the best a nitro car has been 1.33 seconds. That is close but still not the fastest. From what I've seen in the nitro cars is they can't really stall the motors high using a centrifigal clutch system and that hurts it leaving the line whereas the electrics have INSTANT TQ off the line.

Look at this bad boy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42196900806644
Old 09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
MiamizFinest

Yes ive seen that video and ur right brushless does have a huge advantage because of the cell counts not bying and issue my 105 car is on 4 cell set up and i get about 20 minuet run times

check these guys out there local BUT not really LOCAL, there racing down in homestead witch is about 30 miles from where i live but still considered miami dade county, these guys r running hard down there but none of my boys or my self go down there and race with them becuase no one is willing to take the drive check them out there all in 100 MPH plus club with 220 dollar motor esc set ups

i did built a nitro 1/8 scale to drag race with them on the tree but i have never actually taken the drive over there i will soon one of these days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghqHmrMONs4
Old 09-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Brent Davis

Now that is some speed at 113 MPH.

Look at this Funny car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909JE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfxpn...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoyJx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aILRz...eature=related

The last video seems to have a very well tuned car.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:24 PM
nitrohead5300

Brent you are just going to have to design a high stall clutch for drag racing that is servo engaged and disengaged.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
MiamizFinest

Brent ive seen those videos YES im a drag racing fan and all those cars r serously set up good links!!!

brent arent you useing the serpent/mugen/kyosho 1/8 scale push cluthes??? u can make those things engaje close to 30K, i got a few of them but never use them only on the actual 1/8 onroad i have
Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Brent Davis

yes I use a Mugen clutch system on the drag car but like you said, for my street cars, I use a regular clutch system.

Nitro, yeah I know that I can set the stall but alot of guys do that but it still aint enuff to get them nitro motors screaming just before engagement. I am sure that something can be done but at what expense or cost?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
nitrohead5300

Yeah but you are a creative guy I bet if you put you mind to it you would come up with something better.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
nitrohead5300

Brent here is a picture of my car with a Cam-Am style body on it for road racing works pretty good.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:17 PM
wrcsti

[quote]ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

What are the zip ties for?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 PM
MiamizFinest

So when i flip the engine head doesnt scratch up
Old 09-12-2008, 12:28 AM
bancedog

here is the same tc3 maimi sold me. fully restored with factory blue parts . i wish a had a . 21 to stuff in there, but a 18 tz does fine for my goals

[/URL]
[/URL]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24193.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1031528  
Old 09-12-2008, 12:42 AM
bancedog

miami i still need help with these 2 cars