Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Kyosho Inferno GT2

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
mowery1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Inferno GT2

I'm considering purchasing the Kyosho inferno GT2...Would like to get some advice from someone who owns one as to whether to buy or not. Do they handle well or not....Are they reliable ?? Let me know... Thanks.....
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: Kyosho Inferno GT2

I own the original GT and I can tell you they handle great. Especially when you start doing your own tuning. Out of the box there are a few little niggles. The engine is a PITA to break in, the stock servos and radio aren't that great but they are passable, the diffs come with grease instead of actual fluid, the major thing though is the 2-Speed and the brakes. The stock transmission will not handle anything with tons of power. The stock brakes won't either because they fade like crazy and after maybe 2 (if you are lucky) runs you won't have brakes. I once got a temperature reading of 320 degrees after a couple high speed passes. All of these have remedies, however, and new modifications to make these cars even better are always coming about. There is a great forum for these cars specifically. I don't think I can link it but the title in The Google should read Kyosho Inferno GT-Login. Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:13 AM
mowery1

Thaks Eric..From what I understand, some of the items you listed have been remedied with the GT2..correct??
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 AM
HJJFFFAA

Yes. The radio system can be changed out with your own. The brakes can be remedied with Kyosho Acre pads and the disc from the ST-RR Truggy. And you can either buy metal gears from a member on the IGT Proboards or modify your radio tray to fit a transmission from the Kyosho Evolva.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
trev1whittaker

http://infernogt .proboards.com /index.cgi maybe with the spaces you'll be able to take out and find the forum dedicated to these GT2s

I just bought one a few days ago. Sat on my desk for an hour while I set the body post, plugged up batteries, etc.

Took it out on the front porch and fired it up.

Dang thing got TDC. Stinkin' piston stuck on the first run within the first 3 seconds.

Since it's brand new I just took it back to the LHS and asked them if they'd fix it or if it was under warranty. I'll just let them break it in if it's not broke yet. I've heard horror stories about these things being hard to break in, but TDC in the first 3 seconds of it running? Come on!

Be prepared for a few headaches I suppose while breaking it in.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
BILL9

Before you make a judgement on the car, maybe you should hear both sides of the story....there are many different views on this car. All of my thought about this car are good ones.check it out..

http://infernogt.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Also...I started this thread in 06...lot's of info here..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4227935/tm.htm
Old 04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
HJJFFFAA

^ Not trying to bash the car man. You know I own one. Just explaining some of the little niggles. I did mention that they were all fixable.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:27 AM
BILL9

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

^ Not trying to bash the car man. You know I own one. Just explaining some of the little niggles. I did mention that they were all fixable.
I know your a fan of the IGT....niggles..I like that
Old 04-17-2009, 07:02 AM
HJJFFFAA

^ Yea I got that from some biritish T.V. show.