Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
rexrw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Alright I am about to lose my mind and kick this car into the neighbors yard. I replaced and tightened the 4 backing plate screws for the roto start. Same problem as before. Tons of fuel and I mean tons of fuel spitting out once I get it started, so I know that means it is running to rich. When I lean it out some it won't make it past half throttle, it stalls. When I make it more rich it gets past half throttle and then stalls at full throttle. I am just going back and forth back and forth. Should I be trying to tune the low end at all??? All I have done is tune with the HS needle and can't get it right. I have never had this much problem with a nitro car, especially a new one. I didn't have any probs breaking it in, now that it is broken in I can't get it right. Any suggestions from anyone? It bogs and stalls at half throttle, I amke it rich-then it gets past half throttle and stalls at full throttle, I make it lean. Arrrgggg, someone please help.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
ferrarimk13

low end is really important for all around throttle, it takes a good amount of the power band, and if its wrong, whenever you give it gas, itll stall. get it back to factory settings and adjust slightly from there, theres a reason why they give it factory settings, because its usually in the ball park, and only minor changes are needed.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 PM
rexrw

I just ran it again and it is just about good to go. Finally got it where I could give it full throttle without it stalling once it was warmed up. I thought the oil/fuel leak was coming from the backing plate but it turns out the 2 header screws were loose. I tightened up as tight as I could and ran a ful ltank through it with no stalling at full throttle. When I was done running it I noticed it was all oily again around the header. I can't get them any tighter than they are and it is still leaking from there. Are there any good aftermarket headers that are better than the stock one? Could I maybe need a new gasket for the header? What have other people done for leaking around the header?
Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
chvydrver

I would say get a new gasket, or make one...then loctite the screws so they dont come loose.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:44 PM
ferrarimk13

be careful, there should be a small spacer for the manifold, if you dont have that, get it, that would cause the problem.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Krashu

I say check the manifold gasket. It's happened to me before ,fuel goes everywhere.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
rexrw

I replaced the manifold gasket today and it's good to go. Now I just need to get it all cleaned up. I am still new to nitro and need to know what is a safe way to clean the car. I am pretty sure I can't use water because of the electronics and engine so what can I use that I can get at almos any store that will work? I ahve heard people talk about WD-40, is that ok, how would you apply it just spray it on and rinse it off with what? What are other people doing to keep them clean? I just run it in parking lots so I get small fine dirt and what not, but right now it is all oily and junk from the leak?

I don't have a manual so what needs to be lubed or oiled afer I run it, what do I use to oil it? Are there any lube or grease points I should hit after runs or replace every so often?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 AM
rhysdejager

today i was driving my car for bout 10 minutes
then it started to keep stalling
its turned out to be because the engine has little compression left
but it was very sudden
usually its a slow process when an engine loses compression
but the engine ran fine for ages then suddenly died..
oh well, im glad it was only my hpi t-15

guess im back to breaking in my TZ, lol

from reading previous posts the engine is covered in quite an ammount of oil, is this fixed with a simple head gasket change?
could this be my problem?
Old 01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
FoxRiderAR77

The same thing happened to me, check the head screws because they seem to come loose after continuous running. Be careful to not strip them and don't use threadlock just give them a nice tightening before you run each time.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
ferrarimk13

are you sure it lost compression? thats fairly unusual at that rate especially. is the glow plug loose?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:17 AM
venom69_420

ORIGINAL: rexrw

I just ran it again and it is just about good to go. Finally got it where I could give it full throttle without it stalling once it was warmed up. I thought the oil/fuel leak was coming from the backing plate but it turns out the 2 header screws were loose. I tightened up as tight as I could and ran a ful ltank through it with no stalling at full throttle. When I was done running it I noticed it was all oily again around the header. I can't get them any tighter than they are and it is still leaking from there. Are there any good aftermarket headers that are better than the stock one? Could I maybe need a new gasket for the header? What have other people done for leaking around the header?
this happend to me too i just used the gasket they gave me and put some thread lock on the screws
Old 01-04-2008, 01:19 AM
venom69_420

ORIGINAL: rexrw

I replaced the manifold gasket today and it's good to go. Now I just need to get it all cleaned up. I am still new to nitro and need to know what is a safe way to clean the car. I am pretty sure I can't use water because of the electronics and engine so what can I use that I can get at almos any store that will work? I ahve heard people talk about WD-40, is that ok, how would you apply it just spray it on and rinse it off with what? What are other people doing to keep them clean? I just run it in parking lots so I get small fine dirt and what not, but right now it is all oily and junk from the leak?

I don't have a manual so what needs to be lubed or oiled afer I run it, what do I use to oil it? Are there any lube or grease points I should hit after runs or replace every so often?
disasemble your car it comes apart in like 5 or 6 easy pieces, this is like the easiest car to take apart, way easier to clean thoroughly
Old 01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
venom69_420

ok so i have 150 to blow on my cars what should i get, and remember im a begginer lol so easy add on parts
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
phoenex1

Buy fuel ---Drive it like you stole it and pretty soon you will know what parts to buy.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: gladcow

once again i have a question for those more knowledgeable than me. i just got a new cv-rx for my evo 3 and im having trouble transferring drivetrain parts. For starters i can not for the life of me get the pilot shaft off the flywheel on the old t-15 engine. i found a socket driver to fit the nut but i cant hold the flywheel still to loosen it no matter how hard i grip it. if anyone has any suggestions i would be in great thanks.
Wrap your flywheel in electrical tape, grab the f/w with a good pair of Channel lock pliers, and then unscrew the nut with a deep 10mm socket. Gently tap on the backside of the flywheel to disengage the taperd fit, and the flywheel will come right off.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
ferrarimk13

ORIGINAL: venom69_420

ok so i have 150 to blow on my cars what should i get, and remember im a begginer lol so easy add on parts
do you have a new pipe? get a tuned pipe, and some foam tires, and youll be set.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
gladcow

Thanks a lot for everyone's suggestions. I got it off like most of you suggested i wrapped the flywheel with some paper towels and gave it a grip with a pair of channel locks. Then i turned all green ripped my shirt in several places and managed break it loose. I actually bought a new lightweight flywheel, so im going through all this trouble just for the collet and washer. oh well all is left is to...get the flywheel off lol. i think im going to get one of those battery terminal pullers because it wont come off by hand. plus i dont want to pound on the crankshaft because im hoping to get more life out of the thing in the future. i just need to find where its leaking fuel from. anyway thanks for your guys help.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:20 PM
ferrarimk13

i have the lightweight clutch, and its pretty cool, its a bit lighter, and also looks cool when spinning. lol
Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
venom69_420

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

ORIGINAL: venom69_420

do you have a new pipe? get a tuned pipe, and some foam tires, and youll be set.
can you get like a polished purple pipe that would fit, i like my car to look good so something reaL flashy lol
Old 01-04-2008, 08:48 PM
venom69_420

i was also thinking about new cooling fins on my engine. any ideas give some links please
Old 01-05-2008, 03:06 AM
rhysdejager

hey
i think it need a new gasket under the cooling head
the screws are tight and so is the glow plug
oh wel thats for later :P

im breaking in my new axial .28 in my hellfire
had a really strong pinch
but once i got it going
it stayed running easyly
a little hot but that should be ok

if only my TZ was this easy
still havnt broken it in :P:P lol
Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 AM
venom69_420

does anyone know where i can get a purple polished pipe for my rs4 evo3 or if i can even get one?
will this one fit? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXFPZ0&P=
Old 01-05-2008, 08:07 AM
rhysdejager

thats for a 21 +
might be a bit on the large side :P
Old 01-05-2008, 08:54 AM
FoxRiderAR77

I'd look at towerhobbies.com for a pipe, but you could also try your lbs but it might be a little more expensive there too.

Edit: Here's a purple pipe that would fit http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX3428&P=6
Old 01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
phoenex1

ferrarimk13----What kind of foams are you using? I'm using the HPI radial slicks and the traction is pretty amazing especially when it's hot---They get super sticky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.