Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

1/10 or 1/8

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 AM
nitro on the brain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 or 1/8

First off i'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello to all. Having said that I have a jato3.3 that is stricktly on road but I want to get into touring cars. What class should I go with to achieve the performance I'm already used to? Will 1/10 get me the kind of speed I'm used to?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Varoom

Default RE: 1/10 or 1/8

hey there...my first rc was a jato also!  man i loved that thing.  i had it set up for on road only.  my second car [currently running] is a 1/8 scale Ofna DM-1 RTR.  They say its a personal preferrence on the scale you choose to run.  1/10 scale is a really a popular size for actual track racing.  i picked an 8 scale because of the size of the car and i really only bash in parking lots with friends who also run 8's.  two popular brands for the 8 scale is Ofna and Kyosho.  what ever scale you pick, i'm sure you'll have fun! 
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
nitro on the brain

Default RE: 1/10 or 1/8

Thanks for the reply. I love my jato and have no intensions of getting rid of it, but in my area it's all about cars and I need something that can handle. I run with 1/8 cars and they eat me up in the turns. I don't plan on track racing just parking lot bashing. A LHS sets up a track on Friday nights and I want something that is fun in the corners.