Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR or Nitro Rs4 3 Evo+

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR or Nitro Rs4 3 Evo+

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:01 PM
bent98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR or Nitro Rs4 3 Evo+

I've owned a Tamiya TA03R a few years back and Ienjoyed it but I always wanted to get a nitro car. I have a $300+ buget to spend on a RTR nitro car. I am a real noob when it comes to NITROON Road cars and need something that is RTR. From what Ican gather it looks like the two mostpopular types of Nitros in that price range are the Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR or Nitro Rs4 3 Evo+.

I'd like to get peoples thoughts on what are the positives and negative on these two and if there is any other cars in this range that someone might recommend.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 RTR or Nitro Rs4 3 Evo+

RS4 3 EVO+

No reasons needed. [>:]
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM
authorjim1

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

RS4 3 EVO+

No reasons needed. [>:]
Of those two the HPI RS4 evo 3 is the best( wow can't they come up with a shorter name?)

But I personally like the Kyosho FW06 better than both. The Kyosho shares many of the racing parts from their world dominating Vone RRR Evo. Just a thought, look into it.

Jim
Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
bent98

Ok two in favor of te HPI Rs4. Are there any mods that need to be done or is it good out of the box?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:55 PM
oneofakindtrini

Go and buy a Rs4 3 Evo+. Great car. $350bucks with everything you need for break in plus some running. Don't even consider a 4-tec. Its made from plastic. What hobbyshops are in your area? Im also in NY. I Can direct you to a good Hb.

Btw The mods. need to do their job because people keep on opening useless threads on the same Hpi or Traxxas topic.
-Trini
Old 12-04-2009, 06:17 PM
bent98

Im out on Longisland. Nassau county.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM
oneofakindtrini

I can name a few good HobbyShops off hand. NYCHobbies, BigAppleHobbies and 105Hobbies. They are all in queens though. Let me know if you want more info.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:53 PM
authorjim1

ORIGINAL: bent98

Ok two in favor of te HPI Rs4. Are there any mods that need to be done or is it good out of the box?
If that's the car you go with, my suggestion is drive it first. Then improve the handling as follows:

Wheels/ tires are usually provide the biggest affect. HPI D compound rubber, Jaco foamies and Grp Gandini rubber tires.

Learn to tune chassis, Shock positions, Springs( usually softer in the rear), toe in toe out, camber etc.

Once you do all this then consider other hop ups if you still need them.

Most cars respond a great deal to the tires, shock position, toe and camber. Other tricks include slight drag on brakes when you release the throttle, stiffening front springs, diff oil etc.

Here is a link for a great book that helps with car set up.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=322&id=7873

This book tells you what adjustments to make, which are the most affective. Write down what you do and use it as a guide.

Hope this helps

Jim
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 PM
authorjim1

ORIGINAL: bent98

Im out on Longisland. Nassau county.

One other thing that I forgot in the previous post. I noticed that you said Nassau Long Island.

I am in Nassau as well. When the weather turns nice again, above 55 to 60F, we race in the Mitchell Field( in Garden City) Not far from Nassau Coliseum in the parking lot. We are trying to get some people together. Right now we run 1/10 electrics and 1/10 nitros.

Keep in touch if you are interested.
In the winter I might even go down to the lot with my Traxxas Summit or other trucks to bash in the snow.

Let me know

Jim