Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

best new basher

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
A.D M5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best new basher

hi im not new to on road rc cars and i have a fairly good set up os 18tz in a nitro 4tec but .. i feel the 4tec is kinda old now , i mostly do parking lot bashes , so im basicly looking for fast parking lot racers with a lot of top end. i was thinking a serpent 920 cus its 2 speed. any suggestions ?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:34 AM
mazpr

Default RE: best new basher

The Serpent is high tech, to use it for bashing makes no sense.

Better get yourself a Traxxas.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:18 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he already has a traxxas

but serpents are top end car and are very expensive. if you are just looking for something that ius a 2 speed then you have alot of options. if you are looking to get a parking lot basher the NTC3 is a great choice but it won't be as fast as the 4tech with out making some upgrades but it is built better and handles better. have you considered going 1/8 scale? check out the Inferno GT or GT2, ofna DM-1 or similar cars. these are awesome bashers.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:18 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Inferno GT and DM-1 cars are great for bashing...

but IMO, I don't see anything wrong with buying a "high tech" car for bashing.
(people buy ferraris, porsches, lambos, etc... all the time, to beat on the streets and they never see a track )

yes, you will need to pick the right place to run the car, there will be some limitations., (ground clearance is 1 of them)
but there's no better sensation than to own "the best" or the one that you really like.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 PM
CBM Racing

Man, it seems the market is stale or something. There haven't been any new parking lot racers released in ages it seems like. If you just want something new and shiny, (and who doesn't?) then try a larger ofna gtp2 or dm1 or kyosho inferno. I love my gtp for durability and ease of handling. Parts are cheap for those oopsies, upgrades abound, and larger size makes for an easier ride. Only drawback on larger size is it eats tires fast and the tires cost a little more. Just my thinking though.