Community
Search
Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

converting air to electric retracts.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 PM
banjbob1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mustang493 this is great but i can't seem to get it to work, i am new to this but i have run a check in the serial monitor that shows me the receiver is communicating with the board just nothing happens when i get it all hooked up and flip the gear switch, i have loaded code to ensure the motors will run and they do,i just cannot get it to do anything when it comes to activating it with my radio pls help!!!!

i am using an adafruit motor shield though, does it make a difference?

Last edited by banjbob1; 01-04-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:51 AM
steveline9

Hi guys,

im wondering what motor I would need to convert my comp arf flash retracts to electric?
im looking at 625 rpm with 50:1 reduction with a stall torque of 1.6a
what are your thoughts guys?

cheers
steve

Last edited by steveline9; 02-26-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:12 AM
Air Works

Default Open or closed gearbox

Hi Mustang,

Just came across your post very interesting read. Have a couple of questions if I may

1. do you use open or closed gearboxes and looking on proto-pic.co.uk website they sell both?
2. (Arduino written in Scratch) Do you know of a way to parallel run functions as I have built a light unit with a quick flash strobe function and a slow beacon. The problem I am having is the code runs linear so the beacon ramps up and down slowly then the strobe flashes but it takes around 15 seconds between strobe flashes while the beacon code runs?

Thanks,
Paul