Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

losi night crawler rtr vs. bnd???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

losi night crawler rtr vs. bnd???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi night crawler rtr vs. bnd???

looking into the losi night crawler. i have a m11x radio along w/ a few extras 3 channel receivers. could this airtronics system work w/ the bnd. also whats a good steering servo upgrade for it? and i plan on using the stock motor/esc combo for a while but when i upgrade should i go brushless and why/which system is good. xcelorin? last what lipo would i need for it? thanx, 1cougar1
Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
gokemidoro

Default RE: losi night crawler rtr vs. bnd???

Good choice you made. Not sure about the Airtronics working with the stock receiver, as it's a Spektrum, but you could try. Since you have Airtronics receivers, if it doesn't, just install the Airtronics one.

On servos, it's up to you, what brand, but high-torque servos will benefit the Night Crawler. I, myself use HiTec HS 5955's and 7955's, though they are a bit dated by now. HiTec has made faster, stronger ones since then. They are pricey, though, but be prepared to pay for a good high-torque servo, no matter the brand.

In the case of brushless ESC/motor combos, for the Night Crawler, a sensored system is not necessary. Castle makes strong systems for your application. You can call Castle Tech at (913)390-6939. They can point you to a system that will work well for you. They will not try to get you to buy their most expensive system, as other companies would, but if you give them a price range, they will tell you which would be best for the price.

LiPos? That's up to you, but stay away from the "El Cheapo" LiPos. They won't last long. I find Venom and Duratrax are the cheapest LiPos for the best run times and lifespan. Anything cheaper than what they offer won't hold up. Maxamps is a local company, here, where I am, and make high-quality LiPos in just about any size and application out there, but again, they're pretty pricey, but last a looooong time. They are also very consistent, right up to the moment they finally die.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: losi night crawler rtr vs. bnd???

thanx for the info man, 1cougar1