Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

High turn motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:56 PM
OM617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High turn motors

Hello everyone,
Iam building a scaletrail truck based on a tamiya tao1 chassis and scratch built unimog body. I would like to find out which motor would be best for my project. I am running a 16t pinion gear (which is the smallestI can run)and a 74t spur gear but no gear reduction unit. What I would like to do is run faster than walking speed but also be able to climb some rocks,mud, and also tow my rc tank. I have experience with the high speed low turn motors but not much with high turn slow motors. I was thinking about either a 65t or a 80t motor but have no idea what kind of speed I would get with one of these? If anyone has any idea of what motor would be good for scale speed and torque pleas let me know.
Thank you