Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Redcat Rockslide

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Pitrat2main

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Rockslide

Does anyone know if the stock ESC(Lansu C134775) is lipo compatible? I have had it for a while and I have been wanting to do some upgrades.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:03 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Redcat Rockslide

Usually as long as you have a Low Voltage cutoff or an outside regulator for it you can run a lipo on any esc... you just have to make sure  you don't drop the voltage in each cell of the lipo  below 3.7?? Not absolutly sure about that number  off hand right now..cause you could damage your battery. and depending on what esc you can't run like a 6s through an xl5 esc  say for instance.. 

I'll try to find out if ya can bud...
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 AM
jleblanc

I looked it up and on RCU someone used one with a Novak 3s lipo cutoff connected to it. So if you just have an outside cutoff source for your lipo I would think you'll be all set bud

Joe
Old 06-08-2013, 05:20 AM
jleblanc

sorry about the multiple posts.. I was getting an error message when trying to respond and evidently it was posting them even though it said error in script..lol

Old 06-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Johnnysplits

Novak Smart Stop
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can run a lipo if you use an external lipo cutoff...or a low voltage alarm (much cheaper)

I ran a 3s lipo on mine. Make sure to put a heat sink on the rear motor tho....it takes more load than the front (when crawling uphill) and the extra voltage of a lipo means more heat. It will not overheat the motor....but it will wear out the rear motor faster than the front without a heat sink.

best upgrade, RC4wd outcry dual motor ESC. It has turbo BEC. It can also handle upto 4s lipo! I have one on my exceed mad torque and run a 3s lipo. More torque and more wheel speed (good for snow/mud/slippery rocks)
Although it can handle 4s lipo, it does not have a low voltage detection. But the truth is you will notice a sudden drop in power when its time to charge the battery. When my mad torque suddenly losses power, I put the lipo on the charger and cells still read 3.0v each. As long as the cells start out ballanced, and you stop running the truck as soon as the power drops you willl not hurt your lipo.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Pitrat2main

I appreciate all the feed back. I got a low voltage alarm thats all the hobbie shop had and its pretty simple. I have another question. The ESC has a switch on the side of it. Does anyone know what this is for?