Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Mudflaps

Old 10-06-2014, 08:38 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudflaps

Hey all. I've been trying to fit up some custom mud flaps on my SCX10, but cannot figure out what to use, or how to mount them. I had some stiff silicon strips that I cut to fit at all 4 corners, but gorilla glue will not stick to them, and neither will hit glue. Any hints, pics, tips, or information on what to use or how/where to mount? I was going to just glue them to the body, like 1:1 flaps.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

hit glue might be your problem

Edit: loctite stik n seal ultra is the name of that stuff. Used to glue a rubber surround to a plastic (PP) cone on a subwoofer. Great stuff.

Last edited by jkdv8; 10-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
zackS30

I made some mud flaps for my honcho. I happen to have had some conveyor belt laying around and cut a price off of it and made mud flaps I cut 2 holes in them and got a little dowl rod and zip tied them together and stuck it to the chassis by the taillights
U could rough up the plastic u have in a spot to make it stick with glue. There's no pour for the glue to hold onto is y its not sticking.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:03 PM
RustedRC

I used something called plumbers goop to stick rubber to plastic. not in a RC but for a car and it is still working over a year later. might work for ya.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Mike Flea

ShooGoo works wonders, and it's flexible when it dries.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Think I remember reading someone once using liquid electrical tape(or was it plastidip) in black they poured it on a piece of lexan that I think they sprayed down with oil so it wouldn't stick waited for it to dry, and cut to size forgot how they attached it.