Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Wheel width?

Old 01-07-2017, 08:31 PM
ricktcole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel width?

So I bought a RR10 and curious if widening the wheel base has any benefit? Pros and cons? If so just the front ? back or Both? Also would this help with roll over at speeds?I've custom cut a 66 Ford F100 body to fit and the front wheels rub the wheel wells on the body just a little bit with the stock Walker Evens wheels on it. I've replace the stock wheels with the Pro-line Fault line wheels and the back spacing was about 3/8" difference making it wider . I have it taken apart right now waiting on the Vanquish stage 1 kit to come in and install it before I put it all back together to see if that has solved the rubbing issue. If there is still rubbing I was thinking about installing SLW wheel hubs to widen the wheel base enough to clear. Once the parts come in and I get her all back together I'll post picks.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:38 PM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes wider is better. it will help with roll overs and make it all around a little more stable. widen both you might not have to do the back but keeping the axle width even will look better.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:17 AM
ricktcole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little update on my Bomber. all my parts have come in and even with the increase in backspacing i got from adding the Proline wheels I've still got a little rubbing on the truck body. With the bomber body no finder rubbing at all but that wasn't an issue before . Now since I've installed the Vanquish stage one kit the tires rub the lower front links when at 100% trim . So I do plan to add the SLW wheel hubs thinking the 475's . Looks like I only need another 1/4 " to stop all the rubbing. If anyone has a recommendation on what size to get I would appreciate it. untill I make my decision I'm just going to run it with the trim backed off to 74%

i
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20170114_140425.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	2196734   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20170114_140355.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	2196735