Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

please help me decide between clod and TXT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

please help me decide between clod and TXT

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:38 AM
NetMagi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me decide between clod and TXT

Hi,

I currently own a brushless stampede, a rustler, and an E-maxx. I'd really like to get into crawling.

I already have a Super Rooster I could use for this project, but nothing else.

I'm not at all afraid to build from a kit, and I've made some custom pieces for my other trucks. What is the best platform to go with?

I don't mind spending $$$ for upgrades overtime, but I don't wanna buy the wrong truck and do it twice. I ONLY wanna crawl w/ it. My stampede and e-maxx are both speed demons already. The bigger stuff I can climb over, the better :P

I've seen a vid of an ESP IV clod:

http://www.fdc.arizona.edu/drennen/s...ks&bitrate=384

and I was impressed with the performance, but the TXT looks nice too.

You can see my other R/C's here:

http://rc.netmagi.com

Please help me make the right decision,

-Rich
Old 05-30-2004, 01:55 AM
losi_rally

Default RE: please help me decide between clod and TXT

Hey rich I hate to do this to you but there is a third option here and it is the Twin Force.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:43 AM
Element

I would go with the txt for out of the box performance and the clod if you want to upgrade.If you decide on the clod I would look into a gecko chassis as it it low priced and is a awesome crawler.

Here are some websites for you to check out:
rcmt.net
rccrawler.com
clodtalk.net
rc4wd.com
rcjimsplace.com
Old 05-30-2004, 10:43 AM
NetMagi

So the gecko is a better chassis than the ESP IV?

If so, which is better to get, the gecko or the gecko II?

Also, If I go with a gecko chassis, what parts do I need to have a completed truck.

I forgot to mention, in addition to the Super Rooster, I also have plenty of the stock Traxxas maxx shocks.

-Rich
Old 05-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: NetMagi

So the gecko is a better chassis than the ESP IV?

If so, which is better to get, the gecko or the gecko II?

Also, If I go with a gecko chassis, what parts do I need to have a completed truck.

I forgot to mention, in addition to the Super Rooster, I also have plenty of the stock Traxxas maxx shocks.

-Rich
The clodzilla4 is a all around truck it can be formed into a crawler or racer with little modifying.The gecko is my favorite manufactured crawling chassis which in your case would be the best option.

The only difference between the gecko and geckoII I believe is tha ton the original gecko the shock mount are plastic pieced you screw onto the link in the second version the shock mounts are actually part of the link.It just depends on what you like and if you want to dish out a extra $40 for aluminum mounts.

I would take the maxx shocks and upgrade them with aluminum big bore bodys and caps and use thread lock when there ready to be mounted.I'm using stock shocks and wish i would have gone ahead and invested in big bores from the start.